Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cost To Change 06 Is250 Sport Mm To New Is250 I (a)

Dear all

Mine is a stunning green IS250 Sport (April 06) with multimedia, 18" alloys and all the other nice gadgets, and has 45K on the clock. I was offered by a dealer a new IS 250 I (not L) , automatic, with free upgrade to full-map sat nav for my own car plus £13.2K? What do you think?

It is hard to work out the differences between this new SE, SEI amd SEL. The SEI has the leather seats, but not the ML premium sound - the MM upgrade provides the sat nav, but without dynamic route guidance.

I would welcome comments on whether you think this is a good deal or not, and what your experience has been with the IS 250 SEI.

Thanks

Hi Bosnia

I've now had my 250SEI auto with nav for a month and I find it excellent. I had dithered for some months over the choice between the SEI and a pre-facelift 250 SE or SEL with full multi-media. I'd suggest you take a test drive, because I felt the 2009 cars drive better especially on 17 rather than 18" wheels, but this will be subject to personal preference and whether your priority is for comfort or road holding.

I would have liked DRG and the ML sound system, but the standard system is very good. Again I think you should check it for yourself as it's down to personal preference and, as you've been used to the ML system, you might find the standard system a step down.

Among the changes introduced in the 2009 facelift are styling changes to the front and rear bumpers, indicators in the external mirrors which are also larger, restyled alloy wheels, slightly darker aluminium trim, contrast stitching on the leather seats and centre arm rest, revised centre console and air vents and the rear headrests can now be folder to improve rear visibility. The SEI includes parking sensors, previously only fitted on the SEL, and all models now have VDIM which was previously only fitted on the 220. The navigation system now allows programming and dialling on the move and the automatic allows the use of the paddle shifts when in "D". Apparently the stabiliser bar and electric power steering have been tweaked to improve "driveability".

I think £13.2k depreciation over 3 years and 45k miles sounds reasonable.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Roger

Thanks for the advice Roger, I am glad you like the SEI, as there are few enough with this car on this forum. It is interesting that you pointed out that the changeover cost is equal to the depreciation, I never thought of it that way....I will let you know what I do...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links