Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

First Month With 250sei Auto With Nav

Dear all

I promised to report back after my first month of IS250SEI ownership. So far I have no cause to regret my choice. It's a really great car which is fully living up to expectations and I am someone who is rather particular about cars. Also I dithered over this choice longer than ever I have previously and during this period of dithering I compared the IS with a good cross-section of both new and used cars from other manufacturers.

As yet I’ve had none of the squeaks or rattles of which there have been so many complaints on this forum. Maybe the 2009 cars are better or maybe it takes time for these problems to surface or maybe it’s just luck of the draw.

I’ve been driving carefully because being rather old fashion, I believe it helps to treat a car gently for the first 1,000 miles. As a result I’ve been averaging around 40 mpg, although now that I’ve started to drive more normally I expect this will drop to around 35mpg on the mix of long and short runs I generally drive. However, the engine seems to take longer to warm up than my previous cars, so I guess short journeys would result in a lot lower average.

The only niggle I can think of is that pauses programmed in phonebook entries don’t work and so I have to hit 3 buttons to retrieve voicemail, whereas my previous Bluetooth system would dial and send the access code with a single button press. As this very minor irritation is my only gripe, is a clear indication of how highly I rate the car!

Most importantly it’s quiet, easy and fun to drive, the automatic is smooth and the seats are comfortable, even after two 3 hour drives in one day. It’s a shame the nav system doesn’t include DRG and the ML sound system, but a 2009 SEL was beyond my budget and I didn’t particularly want any of the other extras included in the SEL specification.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links