Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Could You Do This...

Buy a 1g gte engine.

Take the rods and pistons out with turbos/manis.

and use them on the 1g-fe ?

I believe from what I have read that you could do this as the engine is principally the same but the FE is built more for cruising, so less the stronger componets, oil squirters etc.

IMO it would prob be better just to swap the 1G-GTE for the FE if you buy it anyhow ?? Thats what 'sparkystav' has done.

Buy a 1g gte engine.

Take the rods and pistons out with turbos/manis.

and use them on the 1g-fe ?

I believe from what I have read that you could do this as the engine is principally the same but the FE is built more for cruising, so less the stronger componets, oil squirters etc.

IMO it would prob be better just to swap the 1G-GTE for the FE if you buy it anyhow ?? Thats what 'sparkystav' has done.

Yes but a new engine = complete new wiring as older engine requires obd1 and you loose vvti.

Hence why I posed the question!

Is that whats Sams done?

I thought he just put the crank, rods, and pistons into the fe?

and you cant use the turbos because the heads are different.

I know the head is diffrent,

But surley the turbos can be used with a diffrent manifold ?

yes but if your getting a one off manifold made up for the twins you may as well keep it as a single manifold and have a larger turbo

is 1 single one going to be better? then twin tubbies ?

is that samis200 ?

Wait until SPC Horsham have developed their IS200 turbo upgrade from what I saw yesterday they are making huge progress in converting a standard engine to turbo without breaking it - and making very good HP.

Going to look at doing it my self.

just the manifold is 800£!

i dont really want to break the bank!

Wait until SPC Horsham have developed their IS200 turbo upgrade from what I saw yesterday they are making huge progress in converting a standard engine to turbo without breaking it - and making very good HP.

Get it mapped properly, from the conversation we had yesterday reliability is all down to correct mapping and set up.

Get it mapped properly, from the conversation we had yesterday reliability is all down to correct mapping and set up.

maping will be done professionally

everything else i will do :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links