Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ask A Mechanic

Peter Lonsdale

To all members, I recently posted the problems I have experienced with my front drive shafts of my Harrier 240G and so far no one has replied. I took the initiative and sent my problems to "Ask the Mechanic" which was posted at the bottom of your website page. I have paid for this information and so far have heard nothing back only a thankyou for the money. How many more of the club members have been duped by these so called Help Lines? It looks like I will have to take some action to get these scams stopped. Beware. Peter Lonsdale.

think u will find they are google adverts and not adverts directly from this site.

Exactly, they are nothing to do with Lexus Owners Club and are just ads from google - you'll find a lot of forums have exactly the same

think u will find they are google adverts and not adverts directly from this site.

Exactly, they are nothing to do with Lexus Owners Club and are just ads from google - you'll find a lot of forums have exactly the same

Any particular reason why LOC has them? I know that normally the free hosting sites have them as a way of earning some kind of revenue for providing free forums and disk space, but most "Paid" hosting forums I know do not use the google adds for the exact reason that has happened here. i.e. the perception that there is some kind of affiliation with the add or the service provided by the add.

Any particular reason why LOC has them? I know that normally the free hosting sites have them as a way of earning some kind of revenue for providing free forums and disk space, but most "Paid" hosting forums I know do not use the google adds for the exact reason that has happened here. i.e. the perception that there is some kind of affiliation with the add or the service provided by the add.

To be honest I have no idea, though Steve should be able to answer.

Another site I moderate on generates ad's relating to whatever you are typing so in the 'lounge' it comes up with some very weird links at times :blink:

Hi all, my apologies to the LOC as I never meant to infer that "Ask the Mechanic" was anything to do with LOC and it's honourable members. It's just that these parasitic people home in onto websites such as LOC hoping to suck people in with their promises of instant problem solving only to leave people hanging and trying to get there hard earned cash returned. Here is another problem for the panel and that is why do car batteries in Malaysia only last about two years and then fail instantly with no warning when least expected Peter Lonsdale

it did not look as if u were blaming the club for this

(don't see why anyone could)

on the issue i tried to ask a mechanic once and when they wanted money i went no further

batteries can just die without warning it has happened to me twice (of course soon after reciept got destroyed)

Liam

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links