Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pioneer Problem

So, when I bought the car (Lexus IS200) it had a great Pioneer DEH -P7850BT with Bluetooth and everything. It worked fine, till one day when the screen started to play up. I though that is just an error but no, the screen was working only when the face was sliding out..and that's for few seconds. After further investigation I found out that the ribbon cable needs replacing.

I've ordered a brand new ribbon cable, and the unit was working fine before installing it(the face/screen was sliding out and in with no problems), apart from the fact that I was unable to see anything on the screen. Suddenly, the unit stoped working . I replaced the ribbon cable (quite a pain but not impossible) hopping that this was the cause of the sudden death, but still no go. There was no smoke coming out or anything from the unit. I've also checked the cable that goes into it and it's alive….but still no go from the bloody unit.

Do you have any thought on this? Is there any way to check if there is any power going into the actual unit?

So, when I bought the car (Lexus IS200) it had a great Pioneer DEH -P7850BT with Bluetooth and everything. It worked fine, till one day when the screen started to play up. I though that is just an error but no, the screen was working only when the face was sliding out..and that's for few seconds. After further investigation I found out that the ribbon cable needs replacing.

I've ordered a brand new ribbon cable, and the unit was working fine before installing it(the face/screen was sliding out and in with no problems), apart from the fact that I was unable to see anything on the screen. Suddenly, the unit stoped working . I replaced the ribbon cable (quite a pain but not impossible) hopping that this was the cause of the sudden death, but still no go. There was no smoke coming out or anything from the unit. I've also checked the cable that goes into it and it's alive….but still no go from the bloody unit.

Do you have any thought on this? Is there any way to check if there is any power going into the actual unit?

Any thoughts on this? anybody?

Dont quote me on this mate but it may be the earth track. This is an issue which affects pioneer systems where the earth track on the PCB breaks. Its quite a big fix which typically involves stripping the entire unit down but from what I've read its doable. Have u tried contacting pioneer? Is the unit covered by a warranty still? Check out www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb Theres plenty of people on there who should be able to help u as I'm pretty sure thats where I read about the issue. Hope that helps mate. Keep us updated.

Dont quote me on this mate but it may be the earth track. This is an issue which affects pioneer systems where the earth track on the PCB breaks. Its quite a big fix which typically involves stripping the entire unit down but from what I've read its doable. Have u tried contacting pioneer? Is the unit covered by a warranty still? Check out www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb Theres plenty of people on there who should be able to help u as I'm pretty sure thats where I read about the issue. Hope that helps mate. Keep us updated.

Cheers mate. I will look into it.

No the unit is not covered by warranty... :crybaby: I've had look on talkaudio website and there is a tutorial of how to do it. Quite a biggie but as you said "doable". I am just wondering if there is any way I can check if that's the case... i mean check if the earth track is stuffed. I've opened the unit 2 times now and I am getting quite "familiar" i should say ..with it :). Some guys could fix this for quite alot but I will do it my self...not sure if I need to solder over the whole strip in there or not. Do you have an example of how to do it? The pics on the talkaudio is not that clear ....i will probably register there and send the guy an email asking him how to do it, since he knows the unit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links