Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bad Start

bexupnorth

Bought my IS200 last saturday, but had to let our lass use it for the week as her Honda needed an exhaust and service. Went to pick up the Honda today thinking "Cool, I'll bung our lass in the Honda then just cruise down the high street for some breakfast in my new car". No joy, our lass was late for work so she shot off in the Lex leaving me to pick up and pay for the Honda. 20 minutes later I get a call to say that the rear windscreen has shattered on the Lex and could I pick her up. She told me where she thought she was, which was wrong, so I finally got to her after about an hour of messing about. She was doing her usual trick of sitting with the engine running listening to the radio, only thing is the fan switch is knackered and she'd boiled the car dry FFS!

Fortunately she hasn't buggered the head gasket, but I have to wait 'til Monday to get the rear screen fixed so that's another 3 days without getting to drive my new car.

<_< :shutit:

That sucks. Any lasting damage to the car? And how did the Rear Windscreen smash?

Yeah, if it wasn't for bad luck I woldn't have any at the moment. No idea on both counts, the AA guy reckons not engine wise, apart from the switch of course. As for the screen I can only guess that there was a crack in it that we hadn't seen as there was nothing overhead and Elaine was driving fast enough to prevent anything hitting it. Rear demist was probably on??? :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links