Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pirelli P Zero Rossa - Is250 Tyre Advice...

harmeetsingh

Firstly apologies I posted this also in teh IS250 forum but realised should have gone here!

Anyone tried Pirelli P Zero Rossa? One of the few that come in both the front and rear size, the 245 rear is a tough size it seems to get hold of. If they were availbale in GSD3 AS would go for those but Goodyear don't do it and don't want to alter the size etc.

Am particularly concerned about road noise although they seem to have a better rating road noise compared to the OEM RE050A. (see tyre reviews)

I guess the ultimate would be the RE050A Pole Position?

Any advise? The Rossa's are £550 from K Fit if you order online!

Cheers. H

Ive had Pirelli Pzero Rosso`s on my IS200 ( 225/40/18 ) must say they where very quiet and where very good in the dry and ok in the wet....BUT the down side was is that they wear very quickly....

I agree with dazz32. Ive got these on my is250, grip is astonishing in the dry and they are very smooth. I seem to get alot of tramlining though. always have to keep a good grip on the wheel as it wants to follow every line and rut in the road! Not sure to be honest if this is suspension or tyres but i suspect its the tyres as i have read similar problems on other forums. They also do wear abit quicker, seems to be a softer compound in order to generate that amazing grip

Got 4 x P Zero Rosso Assemetrico..size 254 x 40 x 18 on my GS300 Sport Mk2.............

..Very Good :) , and as mentioned, great grip in the dry and Quiet at all speeds and on all road surfaces!...............It remains to be seen how they wear But So far seem to be wearing ok.

...I will be keeping an eye on them as the GS300 does tend to rip through the innner tread of tyres due to their steering geometary !

ps, i run these at 35 Psi all round.

...I will be keeping an eye on them as the GS300 does tend to rip through the innner tread of tyres due to their steering geometary !

Never noticed any problems with inner tread wear on my Series 1 300 Sport in 6 yrs/50+k miles. No problem on my 2002 GS 430 either in 18 months/7+k miles. Both cars have worn tyres evenly across the tread. TBH inner tread wear is not something that seems prevalent to the GS judging from the lack of complaints via this forum, indeed it would appear that it is mainly the IS 200/300 which had suspect steering geometry.

Never noticed any problems with inner tread wear on my Series 1 300 Sport in 6 yrs/50+k miles. No problem on my 2002 GS 430 either in 18 months/7+k miles. Both cars have worn tyres evenly across the tread. TBH inner tread wear is not something that seems prevalent to the GS judging from the lack of complaints via this forum, indeed it would appear that it is mainly the IS 200/300 which had suspect steering geometry.

Well, To be honest, although i have had Three Mk 1's & Two Mk 2's over the years, I have never really owned any of them for a long duration!!,,,(The 1st Mk2 i did 3K Mls in on Brand new Avon ZZR 3's) And I agree with you i never noticed any tyre wear !

My Comment on tyre wear for the GS300 is based on the two occasions I have taken my Lexus's for tyre changes and 4 wheel laser alignment at the very highly regarded and experienced 'Notts 4 wheel laser alignment Svcs'......They informed me of the Marques excessive tyre wear on both occassions!!!!......I could see no reason not to agree, purely based on their 25 yrs of looking at nothing but tyres and adjusting camber/castor/toe-in settings on every car going!

Nevertheless, I Will see how my P Zeros wear over the coming months.

Thanks for the comment, Phil

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links