Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Manual V Automatic - Advice Please

j2o

Hi all, new to the site and looking for some advice / opinions please.

I'm currently looking to buy a 2000 IS200 SE and just about have a deal done. In the meantime though I have noticed a lovely IS for sale with similar milage and spec (SE) but in an automatic.

Could people please tell me, what are, if any the additional differences bettween the manual and automatic besides the most obvious one. The only thing iIhave spotted so far is the cruise control. Also, as a rule of thumb which should be the more expensive of the two. Also maybe pro's and con's of the automatic option. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

John

It depends a bit, but in London the auto is generally worth more because they're more desirable. However, the auto is worse on fuel, and a fair bit slower than the manual - I still love mine but you might not so best to give both a drive and see which you prefer.

I've never drove the is200 auto, but after driving a manual for 4 yrs, i fancy a change because i change gears quite a bit everyday and feels like im just wearing down the gears. Wonder how long an is200 gear box gererally last before a new one is required? I still remember how much i enjoyed driving my old mans Merc 230E auto...so good without having to change gears all the time. My next car will almost certainly be an auto, but the down side is getting back to using gears again lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links