Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Battery Replacement Gs430 Sport

The Battery on my 04 sport is starting to drop off and it looks like the original as it has a Toyota label on it.

Want to replace it now before winter kills it. I know it needs top of the range unit to cope with all the demands of a Scottish winter and am happy to purchase that, but want to fit it myself. Are there any pitfalls I should know about when changing over like loss of remote key functions and codes for radio etc.

Thanks for any advice or information.

BJ

As for my 01 GS300, I recall the original Battery was made by Matsushi ta. The manual does not mention the capacity nor the size of the Battery. You need to ask Lexus. They have a table showing the dimensions and the capacity. The replacement Battery I got from Lexus last year is with a Toyota label. I've never had problems connecting and disconnecting the Battery myself. The memory of the radio stations and the steering/seat position will be erased. Other than that no inconveniences.

As for my 01 GS300, I recall the original battery was made by Matsushi ta. The manual does not mention the capacity nor the size of the battery. You need to ask Lexus. They have a table showing the dimensions and the capacity. The replacement battery I got from Lexus last year is with a Toyota label. I've never had problems connecting and disconnecting the battery myself. The memory of the radio stations and the steering/seat position will be erased. Other than that no inconveniences.

Many thanks. I emailed Lexus and got similar reply to yours from the Service Manager. No worries now but just waiting for the rain to stop.