Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Battery Related Question

flyeris

Hi there,

I have complained about my Battery before, as it is getting worse as the temperature outside is getting lower and lower :) I have taken off my batter and I am planning to charge it today - I wonder, if you are familiar with what a rating of 450 A (EN) mean? I have been googling, but haven't find an explanation yet - newer batteries all list CCA, RC etc, but no information on EN rating. Anybody knows?

Thanks. Probably in the near future I will have to look for a new Battery.

BTW, what kind of Battery is recommended for Lexus IS200?

New batteries direct from lexus are not that expensive (the price might even surprise you!). They should last a fair while.

If you want to go for another make, then I think you would be hard pushed to beat an Exide Battery. They are amoungst the best.

Bought a Battery for my LS400 from Lexus, Woodford for £55 (cheaper than RAC or Halfords) so I would call nearest Lexus and ask for a price. Don't make the mistake I made: asked them to fit it and was charged £25!

Bought a battery for my LS400 from Lexus, Woodford for £55 (cheaper than RAC or Halfords) so I would call nearest Lexus and ask for a price. Don't make the mistake I made: asked them to fit it and was charged £25!

I bought a Battery for my GS from Toyota, around £55 and fitted for free.

Thanks for a quick reply. I forgot to mention - it has a rating of 55Ah rated as normal. The second line says 450 A (EN). No sign of CCA, RC or any other common rating.

Lexus quoted around £76 for Battery for my GS430 but actually supplied and fitted FOC because (unbeknown to me) it had been fitted new in May 2008 when I bought the car.......lucky Lexus Coventry are honest.

I think batteries for UK spec IS 200 are 60Ah and 460CCA (start up amps) so the 450 A (EN) possibly refers to the CCA. As yours is not UK spec it may be different but as others have said, your local Toyota or Lexus dealer should know. Have you actually had it tested though as it may not be a duff Battery.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links