Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I'm goin to be selling my DHP in the not to distant future and would love to get to the bottom of this annoying noise first.

Both top and bottom front ball joints have been changed to great expense but the clunk is still there. Its not very loud but it annoys me.

Is there anything else I can check on the front suspension? The springs are ok. No breaks so other than a rubber bush, im stumped.

I'm goin to be selling my DHP in the not to distant future and would love to get to the bottom of this annoying noise first.

Both top and bottom front ball joints have been changed to great expense but the clunk is still there. Its not very loud but it annoys me.

Is there anything else I can check on the front suspension? The springs are ok. No breaks so other than a rubber bush, im stumped.

I had a clunk when I first bought mine and it turned out to be the tie bars aka radius arms.

• 1 month later...

Well, my annoying clunk on the front end turned out to be a simple fix. It was the bonnet. When it was shut, it wasn't shut tight against its buffers so when I hit a bump it would move slightly. I just screwed out the buffers a bit and now I travel in silence again.

Happy Days.

I too have noticed a clunk apparently on the off side. It had just passed its mot with not even an advisory so I was about to get under today for a squint.

Maybe its the hod as you suggest.

Call me old-fashioned but I don't think you should be carrying bricks in a Lexus.

I have a spade, sleeping bag and all sorts in the trunk but forgot the hod! I have had bricks and flat packs along with a butler sink in there from time to time though. I am surprised that some people complain about the lack of space in there!

Maybe I'm old fashioned.

I'll have to be more careful with my spelling though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links