Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Centre Console Lights

cmarksmith

As you have probably gathered I have only recently bought this car and I am trying to iron out some small problems. I have no interior lights in the centre console. The selector lights do not illuminate and the switches around the heater console do not light up either. I have switched on the rheostat that dims the lights. I have checked the fuses. Are there several bulbs that light the centre console and dash and if so, where are they located Any advice as to the likely problem would be very gratefully received. Many thanks, Mark

As you have probably gathered I have only recently bought this car and I am trying to iron out some small problems. I have no interior lights in the centre console. The selector lights do not illuminate and the switches around the heater console do not light up either. I have switched on the rheostat that dims the lights. I have checked the fuses. Are there several bulbs that light the centre console and dash and if so, where are they located Any advice as to the likely problem would be very gratefully received. Many thanks, Mark

Multiple failure usually points to a fuse blown. Plus, i think LED's are standard on these cars.

Check fuses first. Only other thing could be a plug dislodged by someone poking around?

Thanks for getting back to me with the ideas. I have checked all the fuses twice and they are all OK. I have even put fuses in the spare holders in case one had been removed. It may be a poor connection somewhere in the circuit - I wonder where????? Could not find anything obvious. Regards, Colin.

Thanks for getting back to me with the ideas. I have checked all the fuses twice and they are all OK. I have even put fuses in the spare holders in case one had been removed. It may be a poor connection somewhere in the circuit - I wonder where????? Could not find anything obvious. Regards, Colin.

Ok Colin. I know you say you've checked the fuses, have you looked in all 5 boxes?

All checks point to the 5A fuse in the driver footwell marked as 'Panel'.

I verified this on my own car by removing it and it displays all the symptoms you describe.

Gary.

Ok Colin. I know you say you've checked the fuses, have you looked in all 5 boxes?

I verified this on my own car by removing it and it displays all the symptoms you describe.

Gary.

Hi Gary, Really appreciate you getting back to me. I will try looking again at all the fuses in the driver's footwell. By the way would you have the fuse row listing for the drivers side as the cover is not in place on this box in my car (it is for all the other boxes). In the meantime I will replace them all but I am wondering if the fuse is actually missing and this is causing the problem -so I will also try filling the gaps again and see if that works. Kind regards, Colin

Gary.

Hi Gary, Really appreciate you getting back to me. I will try looking again at all the fuses in the driver's footwell. By the way would you have the fuse row listing for the drivers side as the cover is not in place on this box in my car (it is for all the other boxes). In the meantime I will replace them all but I am wondering if the fuse is actually missing and this is causing the problem -so I will also try filling the gaps again and see if that works. Kind regards, Colin

The site won't let me upload a pic of the lid, but it's the 4th one up from the right hand side as you look at it.

If you send me your e.mail i'll send a pic of the cover.

Gary.

The site won't let me upload a pic of the lid, but it's the 4th one up from the right hand side as you look at it.

If you send me your e.mail i'll send a pic of the cover.

Hi Gary, My email is cmarksmith@talk21.com. Could you confirm that there is backlighting for all the centre console switches (such as the hazard warning lights, fan switch etc.). I did test the continuity on the panel fuse and it was fine plus there was a live feed to the fuse. Removing the fuse made no difference. Kind regards, Colin

Hi. Yes, everything should light up. The only ones that don't are the seat heater pics. The LED comes on when you switch on, but the symbols themselves don't.

I'll send you the cover pic.

I'll also do a bit more investigation. we'll get to the bottom of it sooner or later. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links