Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Starting Issue

Sebastian M

Hi all, after having my head gasket replaced and some other stuff too, a common issue regarding the 2006 D-Cat engine from what i could understood, now I'm having some strange problems when I try to start the car in the morning. When I push the start button to start the engine it takes too much before the engine goes and also it sounds like the electro engine is struggling to do it.

I do not have the same problem when trying to start the engine after 2h since I've stopped it.

It's very strange and I'm wondering if someone else has or had this issue.

Also I can't understand what are u referring to, when talking about "55 plate".

a common fault regarding poor starting on the 220d is the injectors- they get a build up of soot on the tip of the injector and this causes an incorrect signal to be sent to the engine control ecu- this in turn stops the correct fuel ammount being injected and thus prolongs the start-up. if in any doubt visit your lexus dealership and ask to have the injectors checked for sooting and production date. there is product reports regarding this matter.

Thanks, I'll go and have them checked, but because of the temperature of -10..-3 degrees lately I've got to change my dead Battery first :)) I had to change it for my other car 2 weeks ago, but that was a 7 year old Battery and the Lexus worked for 3-4 years. It's strange...

BTW what kind of Battery does anyone recommend for my IS 220D ? I found a Varta 95Ah corresponding to the requirements, but I don't know the specifications for the original one.

• 4 weeks later...

Check the attachment, that's the reason my car has trouble starting up after 12 hours or more. The idiots at the Lexus switched my Battery with a smaller one, when I had it in there.

I've made a complaint to Lexus EU and I'm waiting for a reply.

I can not accept such a poor service from a Lexus dealer. :tsktsk:

post-32456-1267819390.jpg

• 3 years later...

a common fault regarding poor starting on the 220d is the injectors- they get a build up of soot on the tip of the injector and this causes an incorrect signal to be sent to the engine control ecu- this in turn stops the correct fuel ammount being injected and thus prolongs the start-up. if in any doubt visit your lexus dealership and ask to have the injectors checked for sooting and production date. there is product reports regarding this matter.

My is220 takes longer to start than others, do you have anymore onto on the injector issues?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links