Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

some kind person has caught the top lip on my drivers door and scratched it, i have tried using t-cut and a mild cutting compound but this has done nothing to remove the marks. does anyone know of any paint shops in the north east that can get a good colour match on my car and not have it show that its been painted?? any help would be appreciated as i hav eonly had it 4-5 weeks.....

some kind person has caught the top lip on my drivers door and scratched it, i have tried using t-cut and a mild cutting compound but this has done nothing to remove the marks. does anyone know of any paint shops in the north east that can get a good colour match on my car and not have it show that its been painted?? any help would be appreciated as i hav eonly had it 4-5 weeks.....

Phil, bet it was a handbag... I see this all the time in Supermarket car parks. Wish people would have a weebit of respect for other peoples property. Hope you get it fixed and it doesn't cost too much.

Col

Not sure how big or bad the scratch is but I've used the Dr Colorchip (check it on Google) stuff on a couple of scratches and chips. It's maybe more for stone chips than scratches but I found it worked great. This is from the website

•Deep Scratches - Deep, narrow scratches (1/16" or less) down to the metal will usually hold paint. As our paint is instantly malleable (in this case, tacky, yet removable), there is some flexibilty in finessing the paint into place. The various brushes in the kit also allow for more precise painting of scratches that can't effectively be repaired by our standard process.

•Wide Scratches - Wide scratches (1/16" or greater), gashes or other large defects will likely need to have the paint applied and left as is. Filling and spraying these types of damage is the only way to get a 'like new' repair.

•Light Surface Scratches - Generally these can be buffed out. If you can feel them with your fingernail, they might come out completely with some wet-sanding and buffing. Otherwise, our precision brush can be used to lightly apply the paint over the scratch and left as is.

•Key Scratches - We dont recommend buying our kit soley for fixing key scratches unless the vehicle color is dark, and the scratch is short and deep. A long key scratch on a light silver or gold car will show almost no difference, even if the paint completely fills the scratch. However, if you are not inclined to pay for a body shop repair, the special brushes in the kit will help you make the best repair possible.

•Vehicle Color - The color of the vehicle also determines the quality of the scratch repair. Darker colors always look better than light ones. A scratch on a black or dark red metallic vehicle will always look better afterward than on a light silver or gold one.

The stuff ain't cheap as it is in the States and has to be shipped but it arrived in a couple of days for me.

Not sure why it isn't sold here as somebody could make a fortune with it. It does actually do what the ads say on the website. They do mention it works best on dark coloured cars and I have a cadoxton grey and it worked a treat on the stone chips on the bonnet.

Hope you work something out anyway and it doesn't cost too much.

some kind person has caught the top lip on my drivers door and scratched it, i have tried using t-cut and a mild cutting compound but this has done nothing to remove the marks. does anyone know of any paint shops in the north east that can get a good colour match on my car and not have it show that its been painted?? any help would be appreciated as i have only had it 4-5 weeks.....

hello again....

After taking the car to a car valeter to have it all polished up he noticed several other points which if possible i would like to know what options are available to me.. i purchase the car on 23rd december from a main dealer, albeit not a lexus one. the points the valeter and his friend (who has his own car spraying business raised are...

1. the drivers side headlight does not sit flush with the wing.

2. the drivers side wing is also not of the same shade of silver... could this be down to just weathering??? the drivers side wing, the gaps are not the same as the passenger side where the wing meets the A post. the rubber strip which runs down the windscreen does not sit right on the from where it marries up to the wing..

3. The Bonnet has an orange peel effect on it, as if it has been freshly painted.

4. The Chrome trim around the drivers door has several indentations/crease marks..

i have had the car both hpi'd and autocheck, both come back with no records of any write off incidents. if anyone could help me out with any suggestions of what course of action to take. i paid for this car with my savings and has left me skint. Needless to say the polisher and his mate recommended that i take the car back to the dealer where i bought it from and take it up with them.. it goes tommorow.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links