Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 In For Lexus Cambelt,waterpump & 60,000 Mile Service

lexynik

Hi all,just posting this in case other people find themselves in the same situation as me-

My is 200 se 1999 is at 93,000 miles-33,000 done in last year,lex history up to 40,000.

I wanted the cambelt done but although i could of got it done by a mate for £80 + parts (oem £130) i am wary with cambelts as i have had two fail before-1 after being changed in a cheap garage(on other marques)

I also wanted spark plugs,filters and auto gearbox fluid,diff oil,waterpump,bypass pipe and o rings,brake fluid etc.

Basically i wanted everything that needs doing done so that hopefully i dont have to touch it again and can spend a couple of years of troublefree motoring-apart from geo which will be done by w.i.m very soon.

I did shop about at indys and the nearest i got was a quote from wheelbase at £780 !!!

Lexus brighton offered me the Full cambelt and tensioners,waterpump,bypass pipe and o rings + 60,000 mile service for £850 inc vat . this price may well be cheaper if when the waterpump is checked they see no reason to change it.(they also gaurentee their work against cambelt failure to the tune of £9k-new engine) should something go wrong

I spent a week messing about with indys ,some said if i wanted fancy ie- iridium oem plugs they would charge more,others when investigated were charging £30 more than lexus for the cambelt kit !!!!

So mines in lexus today and although it is hard to spend that much money on a car that old when it is running so well already it seems the best option .

Plus the guys there were really helpful so far and gave me a brand new lexus is to use while they have mine.

I shall of course let you know how things work out and have asked for my old parts back to see the wear on belts and sparkplugs etc.

oh lexynik so you're paying £850 including waterpump ? that sounds more like lexus to me (;

how would i expect to pay if i supplied the waterpump + cambelt parts (which i already have ) ?

Hi all,just posting this in case other people find themselves in the same situation as me-

My is 200 se 1999 is at 93,000 miles-33,000 done in last year,lex history up to 40,000.

I wanted the cambelt done but although i could of got it done by a mate for £80 + parts (oem £130) i am wary with cambelts as i have had two fail before-1 after being changed in a cheap garage(on other marques)

I also wanted spark plugs,filters and auto gearbox fluid,diff oil,waterpump,bypass pipe and o rings,brake fluid etc.

Basically i wanted everything that needs doing done so that hopefully i dont have to touch it again and can spend a couple of years of troublefree motoring-apart from geo which will be done by w.i.m very soon.

I did shop about at indys and the nearest i got was a quote from wheelbase at £780 !!!

Lexus brighton offered me the Full cambelt and tensioners,waterpump,bypass pipe and o rings + 60,000 mile service for £850 inc vat . this price may well be cheaper if when the waterpump is checked they see no reason to change it.(they also gaurentee their work against cambelt failure to the tune of £9k-new engine) should something go wrong

I spent a week messing about with indys ,some said if i wanted fancy ie- iridium oem plugs they would charge more,others when investigated were charging £30 more than lexus for the cambelt kit !!!!

So mines in lexus today and although it is hard to spend that much money on a car that old when it is running so well already it seems the best option .

Plus the guys there were really helpful so far and gave me a brand new lexus is to use while they have mine.

I shall of course let you know how things work out and have asked for my old parts back to see the wear on belts and sparkplugs etc.

oh lexynik so you're paying £850 including waterpump ? that sounds more like lexus to me (;

how would i expect to pay if i supplied the waterpump + cambelt parts (which i already have ) ?

Yeah sorry gokhan it was £585 without service-£850 inc vat with service - auto transmission fluid and filter change-diff oil change-engine oil and filter-pollen filter-sparkplugs etc-and maybe mad but no not in love with the car that much just bought it cheap and budgeted for all this-just want the reliability and comfort a auto lexus should give

Quick update-all done by 5pm,no drama no fuss,no charge for loan car is250 , full valet , brakes work well first push now as opposed to second pump felt better characteristic as widely discussed as being normal,car drives beautifully,vsr showed misting front shocker(i knew about) and missing anti squeal shims on one side of rear brake pads i recently had replaced at an independant garage(thank goodness i chose not to let them do the cambelt as i distinctly told them to refit the antisqueal shims and was told they had).

New gearknob ordered £32 inc vat "thanks for the tip"

All in all peace of mind and hopefully a slightly more economical car

I can only reccomend lexus brighton for a smart curteous and efficient service(and haggleable)

LOL, i can beat that i spent just short of £1200 in Lexus Coventry

mine only a 2001 with 85K on the clock but i wanted to keep her Full Lexus history up

someones gonna get a real bargain when i sell her this year !

mine only a 2001 with 85K on the clock but i wanted to keep her Full Lexus history up

lexy let me just clarify you paid £850 for a full 60k service + cambelt and waterpump ??

as lexus woodfood said the cheapest they could do was £800 for 60k service + water pump and cambelt but thats with me supplying the latter 2 parts

i might have a trip to brighton if thats the case

lexy let me just clarify you paid £850 for a full 60k service + cambelt and waterpump ??

as lexus woodfood said the cheapest they could do was £800 for 60k service + water pump and cambelt but thats with me supplying the latter 2 parts

i might have a trip to brighton if thats the case

gok-i paid "£850 including vat-when you have the cambelt done you really want the two tensioners and the small bypass pipe and two o-rings and if its old get the waterpump done as well then by rights that area of the car is taken care of and you shouldnt have to go there again for 6 years or 60,000 miles unless the piece most likely to fail ie the waterpump goes again sooner-(mine was the original oem pump done 90,000 miles and lasted 11 years) so it is unlikely using lexus to fit lexus parts you should have any need to work on this area for the foreseeable future.

Ialso wanted a full service ie sparkplugs,air filter,oil and filter,pollen filter,brake fluid change,diff oil change,auto-gearbox fluid and filter many other things done too and a visual safety report to check all over the car to lexus standards and advise on work needing attention-i was dreading the vsr as i thought they might tout for work and give me a big expensive list of things going expensively and dangerously wrong-they didnt,the only thing they told me which was a surprise was that the antisqueal shims were missing from the brakes i had replaced at an indy garage a week before(bodgers)

Originally when i spoke to other people at lexus it was going to cost well over a grand ie £1150- then i asked to speak to the service manager told him what i wanted and said i was happy to work to his schedule and could bring the car in when he had a quiet period if it could be done any cheaper,he said he would look into it and would ring me back.

5 minutes later he rang back and said he would do the whole thing for £850 including vat-the price could go down if it didnt need a waterpump or up by £30 if it needed all the ancillary belts.

there would also be a £17 charge to cover fully comp no worries insurance on the loan car i wanted while they had mine.

My car didnt need ancilliary belts but did need waterpump.

when i paid it was £850 - the guy very nicely waived the £17 insurance charge on the courtesy car (09 plate lexus is250 manual with full leather and multimedia) i left lexus in the morning at 8.45am and they phoned me at 5pm to say the car was ready.

Not only was the car all done but it had been valeted as well and was very shiny indeed.

I had asked for all the old parts back to inspect them-plus the sparkplugs are charged at £100 and my old ones had no issues so worth keeping-old waterpump bearing was noisy when you spin it by hand as were belt tensioners.

I have had a nose round and air filter pollen filters are brand new and the guy said it should be much more economical now as the oil they reccomend which most placed dont use as cost is high is designed to work in that car to give best mpg.

before i put my car in my brakes worked quite well but the pedal felt much firmer second pump-it came out with new fluid and bled properly with better feel and a perfect high pedal first press of the brake pedal-previously i had been told that it is a characteristic of the is that second press works better thats just how they are !!! theyre not i can assure you when lexus do them,,that was a major bonus

I even got a courtesy call the next evening to check that iiiiino problems had surfaced after their work was completed and to check i was happy with both the work and the service which i certainly am.

I mentioned when i paid that friends of mine were interested in a similar deal and the service manager said no problem tell them to ring.

So the guy to speak to is the service manager PETER ,dont speak to anyone else but if hes busy leave him a message because he allways returned my calls very promptly.

Obviously this dealer supplied all the genuine lexus parts-- if you have bought some already i doubt they would want to use them as they gaurentee their work in the event of cambelt failure ie if it goes they fit a brand new engine £9000 worth,,,,not a 2nd hand engine from a scrapyard or a cheap recon.

You could probably sell your parts on here or on fleabay and get your money back.

Obviously my experience was good - i am very happy-i thought the car ran beautifully before but its better now-and came back properly cleaned inside and out-no oily handprints anywhere,no uh oh mate a stud snapped i fink we have a problem and all that jazzzzzzzzzzzz

I can only say as ive found and if its peace of mind and a real nice service you want-ring Peter the service manager at lexus brighton-tell him nick said to ring and you would like yours done at the same price if possible.

And if your gonna take a loan car for the day to drive round in you need to take paper and plastic driving licence with you.

And if you want to sell the car at any point the big wadge of papers detailing the work theyve done to your car must surely instill in any prospective buyer a feeling of a car that will be reliable

so it was £850 for 60k service + water pump and cambelt ?

i think i need to speak with lexus woodford again (:

is there any chance you have an itemized bill for everything done ?

yup,in front of me now,what do u want to know ?

pm'ed you mate , lexus brighton sound wicked surprised they did it for £850 but hey maybe there are decent main dealer out there (: and as for my parts dont worry they are all oem lexus parts from jap parts , ill ask him to make an allowance if he can if not like you said i wll sell them on here or eBay

pm'ed you mate , lexus brighton sound wicked surprised they did it for £850 but hey maybe there are decent main dealer out there (: and as for my parts dont worry they are all oem lexus parts from jap parts , ill ask him to make an allowance if he can if not like you said i wll sell them on here or ebay

hello mate-sorry i just checked ans cant see a pm- i would thoroughly reccomend them,youve been dwelling on this for ages,take the plunge in brighton,,, lol,,, i tested the water & its fine

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links