Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Budget Tyres ?

I need to get a pair of new tyres for the rear.

Ive always had Dunlop Sports fitted at around £85 ish a tyre.

However i keep looking on eBay and seeing pairs of budget tyres such as Linyong, Sun etc for £76 the pair delivered !

Are they worth it ? Has anyone tried budget tyres before ?

No, they're not, and yes I have (was forced to on a company car being sold a week or two later). The tyres are the one and only thing sticking you car to the road, and therefore the one and only thing keeping you alive when you go round a fast bend. Buy the best ones you can afford!

I need to get a pair of new tyres for the rear.

Ive always had Dunlop Sports fitted at around £85 ish a tyre.

However i keep looking on ebay and seeing pairs of budget tyres such as Linyong, Sun etc for £76 the pair delivered !

Are they worth it ? Has anyone tried budget tyres before ?

i done a lot at once with my car wheels ,suspension,body kit painting, etc also bought 4 18 inch wheels.

i have try'd lots of tyres but at that time i had not a lot of pennys left so i bought 4 linglongs just till i got my funds back up and to be honest they hold the road in the wet and the dry just as well as my goodyear f1's did so i've not looked back also my freind who drives a 450bhp rear wheel drive cosy loves them.

oh ps the price??????? 215 40 18 £30 inc vat each......cant argue with that!!!

this topic been covered many times, have a read of this article

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/tota...38/results.html

the cheapest tyres were still travelling at 30mph when the best tyre has stopped the car already, so if u value your loved ones then at least get the midrange tyres like Falken ZE912 or Hankook Evo V12 from say an online shop and get it fitted locally if you are on a tight budget.

Really why keep the is200 if budget is a big concern, it is one of the more expensive car to keep as far as running cost is concern.

I totally understand where you coming from chaps, but i desperately need some tyres as mine are on the wear markers, and my funds are limited for the next month

Thanks Ormi think i will give them a shot, where did you get yours from if you don't mind me asking?

Stevlee - ive had falken before, whilst they were good and a reasonable price they didn't last very long

lol, dont worry mike unlike some i don't insist on driving like i need the toilet, i'll leave that to the Teenage chavs driving round my estate. lol rest assured your advice will be used and i shall spend all my spare monies on my tyres :shifty:

It is probably fair to say that new budget tyres and going to be better than worn-out 'good' tyres - so given the circumstances it would be best to change ASAP to anything.

Actually, to be fair I have some winter tyres on mine at the moment made by GT Radial, who aren't really top of the heap. They function adequately enough in the dry - but in the cold, snow and ice they are flippin' marvellous...

... get the midrange tyres ... from say an online shop and get it fitted locally if you are on a tight budget.

I should add to this. Get your quote from the online shop and take the quote to that local shop which would do the final fitting.

Both you & the local shop financially benefit from cutting out that middleman.

I do agreed budget tyres will always be better that bald tyres, and if the budget don't stretch thats the prefer option.

I can't say for how long the Falkens last on the IS, Im still running stock Bridgestone on my IS300, but I have been running Falken 912s on the rear pair on my civic and so far I have 18k miles on them with 5mm left. I recently put the Hankook on the front of the civic and been very impressed with them so far.

Tyres are easier to budget than if sometime do go bang on the car, you can see they are wearing out month to month, so just put some £ aside monthly and get the best your can afford.

I totally understand where you coming from chaps, but i desperately need some tyres as mine are on the wear markers, and my funds are limited for the next month

Thanks Ormi think i will give them a shot, where did you get yours from if you don't mind me asking?

Stevlee - ive had falken before, whilst they were good and a reasonable price they didn't last very long

lol, dont worry mike unlike some i don't insist on driving like i need the toilet, i'll leave that to the Teenage chavs driving round my estate. lol rest assured your advice will be used and i shall spend all my spare monies on my tyres :shifty:

i got mine from a place in broxburn near edinburgh called scotyre,i've had mine for just over a year on the rear of my car and they havent worn that much.

also they are used in the american drag race series!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links