Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs 300 Sport Mk1 Cd/multichanger Problem

Hi All

I have a 1996 GS300 Sport MK1 all was well with my autochanger until yesterday when i tried to get it to come on pressed the CD button and got nothing, radio and tape deck are still fine but the CD doesn't respond at all just stays on the radio when you try to get cd player on.

Made all the usual simple checks for loose contacts on the autochanger and all seems fine, any ideas or are there any other existing multichangers that will plug into the existing Fujitsu ten wiring :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
You broke mine already :lol:

I still have your old one in the garage if you want it to try and make one good unit out of the two.

Hello Tigerfish

That would at least give me an idea if the one i had from you is shot as it would enable me to try and power up my old one and see what happens with that one. I have now bought one of the single din fascia panels from eBay so if all else fails i could always convert to a single slot cd player that is compatible with my ipod, shame though as i like the standard system it seems that the multichanger is the weak link in an otherwise quality setup,still i cant complain too much i had 7 months trouble free from your old one.

You broke mine already :lol:

I still have your old one in the garage if you want it to try and make one good unit out of the two.

Hello Tigerfish

That would at least give me an idea if the one i had from you is shot as it would enable me to try and power up my old one and see what happens with that one. I have now bought one of the single din fascia panels from eBay so if all else fails i could always convert to a single slot cd player that is compatible with my ipod, shame though as i like the standard system it seems that the multichanger is the weak link in an otherwise quality setup,still i cant complain too much i had 7 months trouble free from your old one.

No problem mate, if you want it, just let me know.

As far as the single din fascia is concerned, did you definately get a right hand drive version off eBay? They have always been for left hand drive cars even when advertised over here. I ended up getting the genuine Toyota items for the Aristo as I couldn't track down a right hand drive version.

Oh dear it didn't say anything in the listing as being for left hand drive, have a look tigerfish and see what you think, the item number is 260434762009 and what would be the difference if it were for LHD.

Cheers

Graham

That's interesting. Only Autoleads made a fascia when I was looking so maybe Connects2 have only just started making it. No idea if it is left/right hand drive from any of the lists I've looked at, it would have to be an email to connects2 or the eBay seller I guess. The difference is the slope on the sides of the head unit fascia as it isn't symetrical.

Oh dear it didn't say anything in the listing as being for left hand drive, have a look tigerfish and see what you think, the item number is 260434762009 and what would be the difference if it were for LHD.

Cheers

Graham

That's interesting. Only Autoleads made a fascia when I was looking so maybe Connects2 have only just started making it. No idea if it is left/right hand drive from any of the lists I've looked at, it would have to be an email to connects2 or the eBay seller I guess. The difference is the slope on the sides of the head unit fascia as it isn't symetrical.

You were right just measured it up with my old one and it is for left hand drive :tsktsk:

Cheers

Graham

You were right just measured it up with my old one and it is for left hand drive :tsktsk:

Sorry to hear you've been fleeced on that fascia mate :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links