Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Have Decided To Buy An Altezza Rs200

ponyboy

Hi guys,

I am buying an Altezza RS200 direct from Japan, I have an agent that will source a vehicle for me, deral with the transit and the tax and put it through the SVA for me, all cheaper than buying from a dealer in the UK (probably about £1500 cheaper, all in)

However to make sure I get the correct car I have to give them a pretty specific list of the spec I want, so am looking for some help on this front.

Is there a specific TRD spec or are they just after market parts or upgraded standard parts? Not knowing a proper spec list makes it difficult to know what to tell my agent.

Any help appreciated - not just on the TRD aspect but spec leves in general would be great.

Thanks.

theres different editions of altezza. i cant remember which one also tell them to get one with a legana bumper as they look very nice.

From what I have found out there are the following editions :

RS200

RS200 Z

RS200 L

I know that some come with TRD parts and that some have TRD clocks, so wonder if there is a TRD spec or if the TRD parts are aftermarket.

I am also not sure what difference there is in spec between the Z and L and how the trim differs between years, is there like a facelift model or a MK1, MK2, MK3 etc.....

I know nothing!

Any pics of that bumper?

RS200 is standard

Z is sport edition with stock lowering springs, stock sport clocks after 1999 (mine did not come with sport clocks), tinted rear windows, and LSD

L is luxury edition with tinted rear windows, and i believe leather seats?

there are also two special editions:

first is: TOM'S E910 which is decked out with all TOM'S suspension, computer, and other pieces parts.

second is: NETZ special series w/TOM'S turbo setup; this one came with lots of TRD parts as well as TOM'S parts.

your best bet is to go for the latest model z edition you can find.

i usually try to get the most stock car i can,

but when it is coming from Japan,

you might get some nice surprises.

hope that helps a little; good luck with your search, keep us posted on what you find.

RS200 is standard

Z is sport edition with stock lowering springs, stock sport clocks after 1999 (mine did not come with sport clocks), tinted rear windows, and LSD

L is luxury edition with tinted rear windows, and i believe leather seats?

there are also two special editions:

first is: TOM'S E910 which is decked out with all TOM'S suspension, computer, and other pieces parts.

second is: NETZ special series w/TOM'S turbo setup; this one came with lots of TRD parts as well as TOM'S parts.

your best bet is to go for the latest model z edition you can find.

i usually try to get the most stock car i can,

but when it is coming from Japan,

you might get some nice surprises.

hope that helps a little; good luck with your search, keep us posted on what you find.

Cheers for the advice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links