Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remove Tow Bar/bumper Rx400h

I recently purchased a 2007 RX400h SE-L and love it. However the car came fitted with a fixed tow bar which I've decided needs to go now. The Lexus dealer had already capped the electrics off for me knowing it was likely but I didn't remove it entirely in case I had a use.

How easy/hard will it be to remove myself? I don't mind getting my hands dirty, but have not taken any bumper off a Lexus before I don't want to get half way through the job only to find a nightmare. Assuming the rear bumper has to come off of course.

Thanks for any advice

I recently purchased a 2007 RX400h SE-L and love it. However the car came fitted with a fixed tow bar which I've decided needs to go now. The Lexus dealer had already capped the electrics off for me knowing it was likely but I didn't remove it entirely in case I had a use.

How easy/hard will it be to remove myself? I don't mind getting my hands dirty, but have not taken any bumper off a Lexus before I don't want to get half way through the job only to find a nightmare. Assuming the rear bumper has to come off of course.

Thanks for any advice

Probably not too bad - maybe 2-4hrs work depending on help knowledge etc

BUT

You will need a new bumper bar as the tow bar replaces the back bumper and also the foam inside the bumper will have been trimed/cut

Have a look at the fitting instructions and you should get the idea..

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/aimupload...08-K2552-00.pdf

If you leave near in London I may still have the bar and rear towing eye in my garage from when I fitted mine

ALternatively you could just use a grinder to cut the existing towing ball bar itself off leaving the rest installed

rgds

Stephen

Thanks for any advice

Probably not too bad - maybe 2-4hrs work depending on help knowledge etc

BUT

You will need a new bumper bar as the tow bar replaces the back bumper and also the foam inside the bumper will have been trimed/cut

Have a look at the fitting instructions and you should get the idea..

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/aimupload...08-K2552-00.pdf

If you leave near in London I may still have the bar and rear towing eye in my garage from when I fitted mine

ALternatively you could just use a grinder to cut the existing towing ball bar itself off leaving the rest installed

rgds

Stephen

If its a Witter towbar with the detachable tow bar ball I will buy it from you.

I have the towbar fitted but the detachable part became detached and now I need to buy another one and they are very expensive.

Or if anyone else has one they want to sell , please let me know

Thanks

Grace

If its a Witter towbar with the detachable tow bar ball I will buy it from you.

I have the towbar fitted but the detachable part became detached and now I need to buy another one and they are very expensive.

Or if anyone else has one they want to sell , please let me know

Thanks

Grace

Sorry wasnt the towbar bits I was offering but the bits that are removed when you fit the towbar

stephen

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links