Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza Rs200 Idle!

BEAMS STU

hi guys just got my rs200 altezza z edition on friday very very happy with it, only idle seems unstable slightly when hot, it idles almost perfect on roughly 600 but if you watch the gear knob you see it bounc and the engine rpm slightly fluctuates. i am a mechanic i know its obviously not an air leak or anything severe but just wondering is this normal and whats the fix ? regards in advance!

to be honest, as best as i can remember my shift lever does not move too much, even before i put in the quick shift i do not remember it moving a whole lot at idle.

and congrats on the car, pictures? details?

HI, thanks for the replies guys and yes will try clean the t.body and maf sensor.terzza3.jpg bad pic but the car is stunning clean as hell low millage is like new, its got trd sportivo suspension kit including the huge a/roll bar kit, apexi exhaust system, greddy oil temp guage and recorder control unit, trd oil cap, tv,sat nav sard rad cap, crazy underbraces and the handling is immense

Sounds like all the expensive bits have been done for you, good score. Just need a sports/aero grill to finish off the Legan front bar ;)

Hi, well tommorrow gonna clean the throttle body and buterfly with brake clean and polish it with maintanance spray, how do i go about cleaning the maf, ya all the expensive mods done its genuinely immaculate and genuine svc history all pdi paper wrk n receipts inc the receipt for the ws apexi muffler with sound test etc and all toyota reciepts for the trd handling mods including front and rear anti roll bars shocks n springs n under bracing front and rear handles better than a new m3, its like a new car. wanted the aero grill but this grills sell for good price so not sure what ill do, also got an apexi power intake filter but not sure if its worth fitting may just get a panel filter n new irriduim plugs n syntheticoil change for good safe measure

that power intake will not net you any performance worth noting,

it will however make a cool suction sound when you pump the accelerator,

and it does free up quite a bit of room in the engine bay...

if you look in my gallery in my profile, you can see what it will look like after installed.

oh, and if you do install it, the other electrical connector next to the vacuum hoses, i just tucked under the MAF sensor.

how to clean?

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=65771

cheers pal good info, its just i have a nice apexi exhaust and a spare apexi power intakew ands wanna know if i should or not lol mite just sell and get a panel filter as the stock intake seems to have a air control flap and knowing toyota it hasa reason for this wheather its mpg or power its there for a reason who can clear this up for me why its there?

HI well cleaned the airbox, throttle body and butterfly and maf sensor the car runs bit better and goes bit better, but when hot it still suffers a slightly unstable idle at around700 rpm and u can see the gear knob bobbing intermittantly almost a splutter, any ideas, diagnostic check or plug replacement or iriduim upgrade lol

Could be the TPS on the side of the throttle body. Supposedly they give trouble but there's not much about it on any altezza forums that I can find.

Guess you could also check the coils, they do fail if the plugs haven't been changed at the recommended intervals. Some iridium plugs wouldn't hurt either. NKG BKR6EIX11 or Denso IK20 are the ones to go for.

HI thanks for the reply mate yeah sounds like either tps closed position switch off is out of range or either lambda heater circuit has failed as when its cold its ok weird. al get it on a diagnostic tool and check dtcs and current data but as i say dont really know these cars that well, plugs sound like a plan defo up for irriduim upgrade.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links