Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Some Bad News

Right, basically what I think I'm going to have to do is SORN the Lex for a certain amount of time, which I don't know.

I will then go back to the old 206 1.1 which is currently SORN. I'm wanting to do this so my insurance will go down, my tax will go down and my petrol consumption will go down. The reason I want to do this is in order to pay off the loan I took out in order to pay for the Lex and to clear off a previous loan.

The quicker I get rid of the loan then the quicker I can enjoy the Lex, guilt free.

What do you think?

I understand your situation, but, how long till your insurance goes down, Another year?????

you will prob still loose value on the lex even tho it's just sitting,

Will the Pug not be worth selling?, can you pay lump sums off against your loan?

Obviously you will have more spare cash if using the pug, but if you cannot close out the loan early then there is no point in your plan.

Maybe you should have saved, then bought the car instead of finance, i know it's too late but keep it in mind for the next change of car, buy what you can afford, or else it's a slippery slope.

I understand your situation, but, how long till your insurance goes down, Another year?????

you will prob still loose value on the lex even tho it's just sitting,

Will the Pug not be worth selling?, can you pay lump sums off against your loan?

Obviously you will have more spare cash if using the pug, but if you cannot close out the loan early then there is no point in your plan.

Maybe you should have saved, then bought the car instead of finance, i know it's too late but keep it in mind for the next change of car, buy what you can afford, or else it's a slippery slope.

and quoting steve,

It wouldn't be worth selling the pug as its only worth about £500. Its been nicked, plates have been nicked, it got loads of problems but it still drives and its one of those cars with character!

I bought the lex for £2900 in November with 120k on the clock. Not too bothered if I loose value. I planned on keeping it to run into the ground then maybe an is300.

My insurance is up towards the end of may. I would get a refund on my inurance to change it to the pug, and some tax refund on the lex's tax if I sorn it which would cover the tax on the pug. So I would of thought its a good idea.

anyone any idea how much my lex would be worth?

What year is it? mileage?, condition? T&T?, spec?

Give us more details

its 2001, 122k, great condition, everything works, the body work looks new, wheels could do with a refurb though. T&T?

Its an SE spec so all electrics, has some bodykit which is origional, don't know what its called though. HID's 5k dipped, 6k main.

its 2001, 122k, great condition, everything works, the body work looks new, wheels could do with a refurb though. T&T?

Its an SE spec so all electrics, has some bodykit which is origional, don't know what its called though. HID's 5k dipped, 6k main.

Have you checked autotrader/ebay for similar age/mileage IS200's? My guess would be that your car is worth £2750-£2850? T&T means how much road tax and MOT is on the car.

My insurance is up towards the end of may. I would get a refund on my inurance to change it to the pug, and some tax refund on the lex's tax if I sorn it which would cover the tax on the pug. So I would of thought its a good idea.

Will you not still have to have insurance, even if it is SORN, it'd be too big a risk for me not to have it insured.

mine is a 2001 SE with 80k and i paid £2600

if the vehicle is sorn you dont have to pay insurance to my knowledge

You do not have to pay insurance,but what happens if it gets stolen

Will you not still have to have insurance, even if it is SORN, it'd be too big a risk for me not to have it insured.
if the vehicle is sorn you dont have to pay insurance to my knowledge

Dont think you have to insure it, but if it get's nicked (like you said you pug did) then you have no lexus, no insurance payout & still have to pay finance

I'd just sell the Lexus, and wait until you can afford another decent car. I just sold my toy which I thought I would be buried in after 3 years of ownership, which was so hard what with having a full respray only 6 months ago! Needs must and all that, but I can live with one knowing one day i'l be able to afford such luxuries as cars again :)

Sometimes you have to follow your head over your heart!

I would say sell the is200 and keep the 206 or get the cheapest and most reliable honda or toyota banger until you ride through this financial period. is200 is not the cheapest car to keep running. Once your finances are back in shape, you can always get another is200. In 1-2 years time the car will be cheaper, so you might be able to pick a younger or lower mileage example.

I would say sell the is200 and keep the 206 or get the cheapest and most reliable honda or toyota banger until you ride through this financial period. is200 is not the cheapest car to keep running. Once your finances are back in shape, you can always get another is200. In 1-2 years time the car will be cheaper, so you might be able to pick a younger or lower mileage example.

I may just change to the 206. unless someone could recommend a reliable care like mentioned above? It would have to be less than £1000 though.

And why has the forum changed? there was nothing wrong with it!

i would look at getting something like a civic had one for years and a mate of mine just bought one as a run around for about 600 and its fine for the sort of thing he needs it for

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links