Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

220D Tyres

Steve_L

Hi all.

There must be a discussion on this topic somewhere on this site but I have not seen one since joining, so forgive me if I am repeating.

My IS220 will need front tyres soon – c. 14k miles – and prices for the replacement with Potenza's fitted at new seem to be rather high. Wondered if anyone has good experience with the other makes - in terms of price and wear - and a good supplier.

By the way, my last 220 was reshod with Dunlop (SP I think) at request of lease company. They gave about same mileage.

Hi I,m looking at tyres at the moment the best deal I can find on good quality tyres is at ATS Euromaster ;if there is a branch near you they are currently offering 15% off 2 dunlop or michelin or 25% off 4 Worth a look

Have you checked online? Plenty of tyre suppliers are online. Try the likes of Camskill or Blackcircles. For fitting at home/office, Event tyres are also competitive.

Thanks Kam

I did a bit of research after posting my request yesterday. Neither Event nor Blackcircles covers my home area, but prices at mytyres or etyres or tyresfitdirect looked good. Even had Yokohama C (at etyres I think) for less than I was quoted for Michelin at ATS (who I have used for 6 years for my lease cars). Don't know much about Yokohama though.

Perhaps trueblue would benefit from having a look at these mobile fitting sites.

Any other 220 drivers with experience on tyre wear? Is 14000 miles about average?

Well I have had Yokohama C drive tyres fitted to my IS200 for 2 months now and I love them. They are quite tyres and grippy in the wet. I had Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetrics fitted before the Yokohamas- there were also very good.

I got my Yokohamas from Tyretraders (fitted at my local HiQ centre). Yokohama seem to be OE tyres for Honda and Lexus I think?

Hi Thanks for the info on the online tyre people; my generation are not too savy on internet buying , but I will have a look and compare prices

I'm ok for a couple of weeks-down to 3 m/m

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

Just had my 220d re shod with Falken ZE 912's from camskill online @£60 each excellent performance tyre all rounder, good reviews from various sources and to be honest I feel they grip better than the bridgestone fitted to the car.

Hope this helps

PS Camskill was the best price for the tyres including only £10 to deliver next day

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to advice received, I have now placed an order - for 4 tyres as the back are ready to go too at 15,500 miles.

Ordered Falken as well, but the FK452's. Mytyres quote best (and they had a local garage for fitting), but another contact has done them for almost same price - £70 inc each.

Will report experience in due course.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

I've just had Vredestein ULTRAC SESSANTA put all round, also after some good reviews. So far so good, had them about 2 weeks. They grip very well and tyre noise is less.

I bought my 220d 2nd hand and it had identical Michelins on the front, and 1x Bridgstone and 1x Good Year on the rear. So I suppose after that cocktail I should feel a difference!

• 1 month later...

It has been a while since I started this thread and then promised to feed back. Just getting round to reporting after 3 months and c. 5k of use.

I had the Falken's fitted early May and then experienced the unexpected. Although noise and grip were as good, my fuel consumption seemed to plummet. Anyone experienced that with new or different tyres? Local and motorway mpg went down by c. 10%.

After 5k of wear, mpg has gone back up but not at levels previously recorded, especially on long motorway runs (was around 48, now 46/47).

Perhaps Falken's weren't a good buy after all?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links