Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Service Time!

Just had a look at when the Lex had its last service and it appears its due a full service according to the manual.

How much am I looking at for one?

Also, I can feel the clutch starting to slip. How much would that cost to get sorted?

A cambelt and waterpump service?

From what I read when looking, about a grand at a Lexus dealership, but around £600 at a decent independant... I may be way off the mark, so if im wrong feel free to correct me someone!

As for the clutch, affraid i cant help!

Bruce

A cambelt and waterpump service?

From what I read when looking, about a grand at a Lexus dealership, but around £600 at a decent independant... I may be way off the mark, so if im wrong feel free to correct me someone!

As for the clutch, affraid i cant help!

Bruce

Dont know about a cambelt or waterpump thing. Just assumed a thorough going over

Lexus book states 100,000 miles or 6 years...

Again from what I read on the forum I think the independants and Lexus themselves changed the recomended camblet change to 65,000 miles...

As mentioned, this is all from what I read on the forums so may not be 100% accurate!

Lexus book states 100,000 miles or 6 years...

Again from what I read on the forum I think the independants and Lexus themselves changed the recomended camblet change to 65,000 miles...

As mentioned, this is all from what I read on the forums so may not be 100% accurate!

thats right bruce, LExus coventry advised me on this, hence why i had mine done : )

This service kit will help you to do a full service (I'm not the seller btw, I bought the same kit from the same seller last year when I serviced my IS200).

You will also need some engine oil (5w-30 or 10w-40), coolant, diff oil and brake fluid.

This service kit will help you to do a full service (I'm not the seller btw, I bought the same kit from the same seller last year when I serviced my IS200).

You will also need some engine oil (5w-30 or 10w-40), coolant, diff oil and brake fluid.

would you reccomend this kit? Is this enough for the full service? And can you direct me where to get coolant, diff oil and brake fluid that is good enough for the Lex?

mbay - what is your cars mileage at present and when was it last serviced in the book ? also pop your bonnet and look on the top of the cambelt cover for a sticker saying cambelt changed -if there isnt one it could still of had a cambelt change but done by an independant -

would you reccomend this kit? Is this enough for the full service? And can you direct me where to get coolant, diff oil and brake fluid that is good enough for the Lex?

I got the same kit from the same seller last year, so yeah, I'd get bidding on that kit. Those spark plugs from Lexus will set you back about £60, so if you can win the auction at a good price, then that kit will be a bargain. As for coolant, buy a 5 litre can from Toyota/Lexus- think I paid £17 for a 5 litre can last year. As for engine oil, diff oil and brake fluid I'd buy these from Opie Oils.

Depending on the age & mileage of your car I would definitely get cambelt & waterpump done. Just had mine done on my 04 IS200 Sport, has only done 33k since new. Belt looked ok, but the idler & cambelt adjuster were both showing signs of wear. The waterpump had just started to develop a leak :o ! So my advice is do what the experts on the forum say - get it done every 60k miles or 6 year whichever comes first. Once its done the peace-of-mind is worth it :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links