Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whats Your Favourite Cleaning Product To Use On Your Lex?

Si i totally agree about halfords.

They can be rather extortionate with their prices - more and more the local 24Hr Asda is becoming top choice, their range of car cleaning products and constantly growing, and although it doesn't have the range that halfords does the prices are superb, and if you like me and have a local 24hr one its mega convenient.

Especially for screenwash, cloths + sponges etc.

Yeah my asda is a big 24hr one.

Kent microfibres are always on offer, the turtle wash shampoo is usually a good price for the big bottle too.

I got most of my brushes from poundstretcher/instore, theres some good bargains about without paying top prices for the big named products.

Plus getting used to applying polish/glaze/wax with foam applicators (i pay a quid apiece) is a good idea. Ive noticed you use a lot less product with far better results. still buff off with a MF and then wash em.

Missus gets a bit annoyed when there are circa 20 cloths to wash!

Plus the mandatory magic tree at 88p from asda with the weekly shop :winky:

My neighbours look at me a bit funny, especially after i've finished washing and drying (after claying) and the big tub comes out with all my cloths, pads, brushes and different bottles!

See some looking when they go out about 9am ish, come back late afternoon and I'm still on it.

Always worth it tho, that soft sunlight about a hour before it sets always brings out the best in any freshly polished/waxed motor.

microfibre cloth's out of the local pound shop were the best buy for me, ok so there only 8 inch square- but they do the job perfectly.

My neighbors always think im part of surveillance team seen as i spend a lot of my time molesting my car on the driveway - however they have company cars - the kind that get washed once a year if lucky !

And as for having a nice shine on the lex, you cant beat it - love going out once shes all polished up

Used to use the Autoglym products. They worked great and still use the interior cleaners and air fresheners.

Now I found a product callled Permanon. It penetrates the paint work and seals it. Put it on over 10 months ago and havn't had to polish the car since. It works great on all the windows as it makes the water run straight off like Rain-x and stays on. I was very impressed after it was put on my alloys. It cut down build up of brake dust by half and cleaning off was so easy, no degreasers used.

Cleaning the whole car takes around 15 mins from giving it a wash to drying it completely.

I would recomend this

Used to use the Autoglym products. They worked great and still use the interior cleaners and air fresheners.

Now I found a product callled Permanon. It penetrates the paint work and seals it. Put it on over 10 months ago and havn't had to polish the car since. It works great on all the windows as it makes the water run straight off like Rain-x and stays on. I was very impressed after it was put on my alloys. It cut down build up of brake dust by half and cleaning off was so easy, no degreasers used.

Cleaning the whole car takes around 15 mins from giving it a wash to drying it completely.

I would recomend this

Thanks for your input, Where is this availible ? how much does it retail for ?

I would recomend this

Thanks for your input, Where is this availible ? how much does it retail for ?

Hey mate,

Its a bit expensive but I managed to get some as I bought some for the boat I work for. The website is www.permanon.com. I think they will have a dealer in UK.

If not there is another product which is on the market that has been developed for cars first then b oats afterwards. This is also very good as it seals aswell and leaves a high gloss finish that lasts upto 3 years. Contact Daragh Brassil at www.smartglaze.net He has a range of really good products and much cheaper. I got 4 bottles of the sealer for 152 Euros and you only use a tiny amount on a sponge. I reckon 1 bottle will last a car for the rest of its life.

Have a look and see what you think.

Autoglym - Instant Show Shine

Use it inside and out, polishes paintwork, removes grease around the door hinges, polishes headlight and taillight glass, polishes and removes tar from alloys, brings-up full leather seats a treat, door trim etc...

....Does just about anything! :D

Hope you chaps are washing your cars with Wash mitts to?!

I use a turtle wax wash mitt, and cheapy ones from Sainsburys for the wheels, and door shuts!

Also a Mequires Water Magnet chamois!

I got given a Meguires Car detailing Kit by Meguires themselves about 4 years ago, and havent used anything else since!

Also handy to keep a bottle of Farecla G3 compound in ya garage incase you ever have any light scrathes that need removing! The stuffs amazing!

Bruce

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links