Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys, I have to say thanks for all the help so far, this forum is great! Anyway, I'd be keen to hear if anyone has found out how to link an ipod or AUX-IN adapter into the factory fit stereo of a MK1 GS300? I have looked around the manufacturers but it seems that adapter kits are only available for later models. Big shame! I sound system in my old GS300 is great... seems a big shame to waste it :) Anyway, maybe someone has some advice? All the best n thanks for reading this thread, Chris.

Not sure about whats provided as standard but if you can have a hands free phone hard wired you must be able to get an Ipod connected somehow.

My young son has a cassette adapter that he uses in his Clio that he plugs his Ipod into to play back through his stereo.

When I still had the factory head unit in mine, I used a griffin thing that transmitted the ipod to a frequency to tune your radio in to. Worked pretty well especially if you don't travel wide distances. I did find that I would tune it to a frequency in Basingstoke and by the time I got half way to Derby that frequency was used by a radio station in a different area, so I would have to change the griffin frequency and retune the radio occasionally.

When I still had the factory head unit in mine, I used a griffin thing that transmitted the ipod to a frequency to tune your radio in to. Worked pretty well especially if you don't travel wide distances. I did find that I would tune it to a frequency in Basingstoke and by the time I got half way to Derby that frequency was used by a radio station in a different area, so I would have to change the griffin frequency and retune the radio occasionally.

ive just got my gs300

ive used tigerfish guide he helped someone a while back telling what wire colours on the standard plug are

and soldered an iso plug to the wires

that way i can put the standard radio back

then got in the boot litrally and soldered wires from the white plug to the orange plug to bypass the amp

removing the amp and cd changer also the standard radio and parcel shelf sub (massive weight saving)

then plugged my kenwood radio with ipod attachment and run wires for a bass box and amp

the standard speakers sound much better with this set up now

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links