Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Pics.

Didin

Anyone know if there are any springs out there lower than 30mm? 35 or 40mm perhaps?

Cheers

Didin

Apex and H&R......... both 35mm drop

Anyone have these on their 200s? How do they compare to the Eibachs? Are they recommended?

Hi Didin,

I have got the H&R 35mm springs with standard shocks, they are excellent springs, and i cannot complain about them, i havent tried Eibach or Apex, but what i can tell you is that the H&R springs lower the car more then 35mm.. It looks absoloutly perfect, but as my dad drives my car now and then, i have just put an order in for some coilovers, to give me that flexibility of adjusting the height and damping control, (so springs are sold to a LOC Member) <_<

check the pic out,it sits n drives nicely.

H&R 35mm with 18" Wheels..

Hi Didin,

I have got the H&R 35mm springs with standard shocks, they are excellent springs, and i cannot complain about them, i havent tried Eibach or Apex, but what i can tell you is that the H&R springs lower the car more then 35mm.. It looks absoloutly perfect, but as my dad drives my car now and then, i have just put an order in for some coilovers, to give me that flexibility of adjusting the height and damping control, (so springs are sold to a LOC Member) <_<

check the pic out,it sits n drives nicely.

H&R 35mm with 18" Wheels..

They ride looks XLNT.

Have you sold the springs already?

Where can I buy the H&Rs from and any idea of price?

Cheers mate.

Didin

They ride looks XLNT.

Cheers mate.

Didin 

Thanks about the ride..

a mate of mine at the local garage had to order them from Germany, took 3 weeks or so to get them.

Any local car modification shop should be able to get hold of them for you..

I PM'D you the details..

They ride looks XLNT.

Cheers mate.

Didin 

Thanks about the ride..

a mate of mine at the local garage had to order them from Germany, took 3 weeks or so to get them.

Any local car modification shop should be able to get hold of them for you..

I PM'D you the details..

Thanks Imi, got the details.

Didin

Lower?? Are you mad!!

I don't want to go 30mm!! he he. Wonder if anyone with a sport who is getting the Eibachs wants to off load their sport springs?

Think a call to the insurance co. to find hit first may be in order.

Lower?? Are you mad!!

I don't want to go 30mm!! he he. Wonder if anyone with a sport who is getting the Eibachs wants to off load their sport springs?

Think a call to the insurance co. to find hit first may be in order.

Was that a Hint Kev :)

If I go with some lowering springs, then the sport springs may well be up for sale.

Will post at the time if this is the case.

My (well my Mrs' as its her car) insurance is going up £115 in premium and an extra £100 in excess for up to £1K's worth of mods. We're with Tesco.

Most insurance co's will probably be quite similar if they allows mods at all in the first place.

Cheers

Didin

Had to mention in new post about the insurance issue.

Bit down really, as would have been nice. Maybe once I have had the insurance a bit, after renewal that is, I shall try again. Been told to ask them to ask their underwriter, not just go away and come back!

Want a proper decision about it. Blimey, the braided hoses would improve braking slightly therefore make me safer!? And you cannot see them, so not nickable!!

Same with Strut brace!!

all 4 - thats an :tsktsk: rse!!!

May as well go for the GB on Eibachs!!

I didn't want to lower it that much though as may look odd seeing as have no body kit or spoiler etc.

ho hum...

Find a Sport owner with eibachs, and buy their old springs.

Right, Ordered the Eibachs today. Should be here by the weekend, dunno if I'm gonna get the time to put them on this weekend though.

Decided on the eibachs instead of the H&R's in the end as I've had Eibachs on the Mrs' previous car and on my car and we were very happy with them in terms of ride quality and handling.

Also, I intend to throw some 19" rims on when the current tyres wear out and don't want to run into any trouble such as rubbing arches if its sitting a bit too low.

Cheers for your help people.

Didin

Hi all,

I've fit the springs onto the car.

Although the ride is firmer and it rolls less round the corners, I can't say that it looks much lower, esp on the rear.

Does it take a few days/weeks for the springs to bed in and go a bit lower?

Hi all,

I've fit the springs onto the car.

Although the ride is firmer and it rolls less round the corners, I can't say that it looks much lower, esp on the rear.

Does it take a few days/weeks for the springs to bed in and go a bit lower?

It should look lower mate - but once properly bedded in, you should be able to tell the difference.... especially when you pull up to a standard IS200.... ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links