Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cloth Interior

Hi,

IVe spent a bit of time reading through the topics in this sub-forum but couldnt find what im after (i did only look quick cus im at work)

Whats the best way to clean a cloth interior, carpets etc etc?

Ive notived the IS has quite high sills on entering/exiting the car and keept getting mud all over the plastic sill covers.

would like to keep this baby clean as ive not really cared for my other cars (seems to be a trend in this sub-forum :) )

Cheers

Hi James

The best way really is similar to your sofa/carpets indoors, a mild carpet/upholstery cleaner will do the job if you get one which requires you to use the foam (after agitation)rather than soak everything with water so you get a dryer job and don't get a damp bum for weeks after :winky: . You could get specific upholstery cleaner from Halfrauds etc but basically it all does the same job B)

The plastic sills should clean ok with just warm water with a small amount of washing up liquid in it - for worse bits use neat, rinse off after & dry so you don't have any residue left.

:D

Hi James

The best way really is similar to your sofa/carpets indoors, a mild carpet/upholstery cleaner will do the job if you get one which requires you to use the foam (after agitation)rather than soak everything with water so you get a dryer job and don't get a damp bum for weeks after :winky: . You could get specific upholstery cleaner from Halfrauds etc but basically it all does the same job B)

The plastic sills should clean ok with just warm water with a small amount of washing up liquid in it - for worse bits use neat, rinse off after & dry so you don't have any residue left.

:D

Thanks Janey

Im not so much fussed about the seats as they dont get that dirty (that i know of yet, iv eonly had in 5 days)

Ig uess what im after is,

All plastics / dash / sills / doors etc - can i either use wipes or just and easy spray on cleaner that wipes off with a lint free cloth

Seats / Carpets - do they just need a darn good hoovering or is their again something simply i can just spray on, leave to do its work, then skim over with a hoover?

If theres a quick effective way of cleaning it all then id prefer that one, not through lazyness but i tend to lose interest in cleaning so the quicker it is the more likely i am to continue doing it :)

Links to products (use halfrauds if you like) would be really appreciated

Regards

Carpets - you're best off vacuuming 1st that way you're not just moving dirt around while cleaning, if they come clean then great but if you do have dirt marks at some point & want the easy option then pop to the supermarket & pick up some 'vanish' carpet foam , it's quick & easy to use, though if you need to do one dirt spot you'll probably have to do the rest as even though the rest doesn't look dirty it will leave you with a clean spot

Sills/plastics etc - trouble with a lot of the sprays is that they tend to just make it shiny rather than actually clean the plastic, the only one I've tried & tested and it does all (clean & polish) is the Meguiars interior quick detailer link here

Best bet is to use lint free (or microfibre) cloths otherwise you end up with annoying fluffy dust all over the place :winky:

Carpets - you're best off vacuuming 1st that way you're not just moving dirt around while cleaning, if they come clean then great but if you do have dirt marks at some point & want the easy option then pop to the supermarket & pick up some 'vanish' carpet foam , it's quick & easy to use, though if you need to do one dirt spot you'll probably have to do the rest as even though the rest doesn't look dirty it will leave you with a clean spot

Sills/plastics etc - trouble with a lot of the sprays is that they tend to just make it shiny rather than actually clean the plastic, the only one I've tried & tested and it does all (clean & polish) is the meguiars interior quick detailer link here

Best bet is to use lint free (or microfibre) cloths otherwise you end up with annoying fluffy dust all over the place :winky:

Brilliant!!!

Vanish for carpets and meguirs for everything else.

Thank you very much :)

If you haven't already got them buy a set of removable mats ( either genuine Lexus or some decent after market ones) these will protect your floor areas and are easier to remove and clean if they do get soiled.

I bought one of those Vax carpet shampoo vacuums from Aldi a while ago they are very good but due to the pipe and head size it can be restrictive in the car.

As Janie mentioned the 1001 type foam cleaners are good.

I also bought some "Dash Wipes" from Aldi this week haven't tried them yet though.

Also don't forget they are also doing Air Con aerosol cleaners for £1.99 this week.

For the sill trims I use Foaming Cleaner aerosol and an old toothbrush to remove the ground in dirt especially the rubber off the soles of shoes then wipe over with a clean damp cloth.

If you haven't already got them buy a set of removable mats ( either genuine Lexus or some decent after market ones) these will protect your floor areas and are easier to remove and clean if they do get soiled.

I bought one of those Vax carpet shampoo vacuums from Aldi a while ago they are very good but due to the pipe and head size it can be restrictive in the car.

As Janie mentioned the 1001 type foam cleaners are good.

I also bought some "Dash Wipes" from Aldi this week haven't tried them yet though.

Also don't forget they are also doing Air Con aerosol cleaners for £1.99 this week.

For the sill trims I use Foaming Cleaner aerosol and an old toothbrush to remove the ground in dirt especially the rubber off the soles of shoes then wipe over with a clean damp cloth.

Thanks steve

I have the original Lexus matts that clip into the carpet.

am going for vanish carpet foam and a normal dash/sill plastic ray thing.

If its something i can do in 20 minutes once a week then there shouldnt be a build up of hard to remove dirt etc, but will keep all posted.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links