Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Aberdeen Are Amatures

January 2009 my IS200 TTE started to cut out on me and did that annoying "limp mode" thing. I bought some diagnostic tools thinking it might be something I could fix or that perhaps the fault code just needed clearing and everything would be normal again.

Well, I cleared the fault (P1510, air pressure not high enough at intake manifold) and still it would cut out so I thought I'll leave it to the professionals. Lexus have now had my car for 2 months, and won't even look at it again until next week. I previously suggested the supercharger belt looks quite worn, if it is slipping that might cause it to fail. They have not replaced the belt. I'm not a mechanic, so perhaps they know better.

They would not tell me what has been done / checked so far only that it was "idling funny" and they spent a long time on that. It's not idling funny though, that's "limp", it lets you drive eventually after several restarts or clearing the fault code. Again, I'm not a mechanic.

So I find myself here on this forum with what must surely be the rarest most difficult mechanical / electrical problem that would surely baffle a top level physicist working at the Large Hadron Collider.

Has anyone got any information / schematics specific to the TTE IS200? (2000 registered) or experience trouble shooting the supercharger? I asked the Aberdeen Lexus garage but they said and I quote, "We've tried google and everything there is nothing out there". If it takes around half a day to actually FIT one of these superchargers I think I'm safe in saying Aberdeen Lexus don't know what they are doing.

Any help at all on this would be great, I'd love to fix her in the courtyard of the dealership.

post-33454-127056123571.jpg

January 2009 my IS200 TTE started to cut out on me and did that annoying "limp mode" thing. I bought some diagnostic tools thinking it might be something I could fix or that perhaps the fault code just needed clearing and everything would be normal again.

Well, I cleared the fault (P1510, air pressure not high enough at intake manifold) and still it would cut out so I thought I'll leave it to the professionals. Lexus have now had my car for 2 months, and won't even look at it again until next week. I previously suggested the supercharger belt looks quite worn, if it is slipping that might cause it to fail. They have not replaced the belt. I'm not a mechanic, so perhaps they know better.

They would not tell me what has been done / checked so far only that it was "idling funny" and they spent a long time on that. It's not idling funny though, that's "limp", it lets you drive eventually after several restarts or clearing the fault code. Again, I'm not a mechanic.

So I find myself here on this forum with what must surely be the rarest most difficult mechanical / electrical problem that would surely baffle a top level physicist working at the Large Hadron Collider.

Has anyone got any information / schematics specific to the TTE IS200? (2000 registered) or experience trouble shooting the supercharger? I asked the Aberdeen Lexus garage but they said and I quote, "We've tried google and everything there is nothing out there". If it takes around half a day to actually FIT one of these superchargers I think I'm safe in saying Aberdeen Lexus don't know what they are doing.

Any help at all on this would be great, I'd love to fix her in the courtyard of the dealership.

To explain your issues a bit more,

The code you were getting is correct. The TTE black box stops the MAP sensor (what causes that code) seeing a pressure over about 0.2 bar as this puts iit in limp mode.

The charger runs at 0.3bar so the chip just lies to the ecu and says the pressure never goes above 0.2. When it breaks it lets it give a reading higher so it then goes into limp mode.

you turn it off and on 4 to 5 times and that resets the codes, but as soon as you rev it the boost goes up and hits the cut again causeing limp mode once again.

Its an extremely common problem with the tte kit and TTE themselves even replaced it with a "silver" box that was more reliable and did a couple of other things.

The HKS FCD is the most common and cheapest way of replacing the TTE black box, however id personally recommend a Greddy BCC if you can find one as they are slightly better on how they work (i wont go that technical with how it does it though)

and Lexus cant have searched far as its been covered here many times.

take it off them now, get a HKS FCD off eBay for about £70-£80 get your soldering iron out and swap them over in ten minutes. take the Battery off for two mintues to reset the ecu and away you go.

100% Gaurentee its you TTE Black box attached to your ECU

Desolder it, replace it with a HKS FCD (STD edition) on setting 9 or 10 and the problems solved

You sound well confident about that, a solid answer in a few minutes versus 2 months of nothing more than the fault code being identified by Lexus!

I'm seeing a lot of HKS FCD's on eBay but there seems to be many types. Is there a specific one for the IS200?

100% Gaurentee its you TTE Black box attached to your ECU

Desolder it, replace it with a HKS FCD (STD edition) on setting 9 or 10 and the problems solved

You sound well confident about that, a solid answer in a few minutes versus 2 months of nothing more than the fault code being identified by Lexus!

I'm seeing a lot of HKS FCD's on eBay but there seems to be many types. Is there a specific one for the IS200?

you need the STD type. From memory there's the k3 and H type as well. If you look on hks's website that will tell you what type fits on what car (the IS isn't on there) but it'll help finding the right one from eBay adverts that only tell you the car

Crysec don't worry about it. But drop me an email from the pm I sent you f you need anymore help

stav

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links