Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loss Of Fm Reception

Can anyone help i have lost FM reception in my Is200 I went to a car wash and removed the roof airial and when refitted i have no FM reception. I have bnought a new airial thinking i damaged the original but still no reception. Surely i cound have damaged the radio just by removing the airail. Have looked on the foums and others have had the same problem but no one seems to have found a solution and posted the fix.The AM still works but not that good but not sure if it ever was plus cd and tape all ok PLEASE can somebody help

check to be sure but i have a feeling the is200 has an amplified aeriel - which would open the door to the possibility of a power failure ie blown fuse - im only guessing as it would seem a bit odd for an aeriel to be fused but if it is powered it would be - maybe some water shorted the fuse - do a search on aeriels i remember reading about this on an old thread by dj wozza i think - certainly worth checking every fuse in all 3 fuseboxes

check to be sure but i have a feeling the is200 has an amplified aeriel - which would open the door to the possibility of a power failure ie blown fuse - im only guessing as it would seem a bit odd for an aeriel to be fused but if it is powered it would be - maybe some water shorted the fuse - do a search on aeriels i remember reading about this on an old thread by dj wozza i think - certainly worth checking every fuse in all 3 fuseboxes

Thanks for the reply mate ill check all the fuses as you suggest but i not dont know the location of all 3 fuse boxes havent needed to know until now. Dont think its going to be as simple as just a blown fuse other members seem to have had the same problem but no one has posted the solution ie is there a fix or have i got to replace the whole unit and what would be the cheepest option ?. Dont know if it makes any differance but the model i have is the one with the bottom loading CD player i read on hear there are 2 modles.

i have checked since and the aeriel is amplified so will be powered- you have one fusebox in engine bay and one in each footwell - theres about 5 types of player-they all look pretty similar some bottom load some top - mines an early 1999 car so got 13902 unit - they get to 13906 i think - you will probably have to pull every fuse manually and check which is annoying as its uncomfortable getting to the footwells- i used a pair of small thin nose pliars-made it a bit quicker and easier then supplied fusepuller

i have the same problem took mine to an audio elctrician he said the standard stereo was bust the antenna amp is internal i think but i only get medium wave now not fm as its bust as is the cd player the dreded e33r but prety much the headunit is bust there is ppl who repair em i think but it costs quite abit its cheeper to replace there are the cable bypas'es for the seperate amp in the glove box on e bay and facia kits on amazon and eBay dnt really know much else pal not too clued up dnt take this as gospel just wat i was told ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links