Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

96 Es300 Radio Lights Wiring

TAPTUN

Hello everyone.

Here is the problem: I have bought 96 es300 about 6 month ago. The original stereo was a wreck on it . I guess the owner liked to experiment with the radio. Anyway it came down to the point where i got a used original stereo on e-bay. It came in fine and i have installed it but i have noticed that SEARCH/TRACK button on the left side of the stereo was not lit up but instead CD light was lit up eventhought it did not have cd changer (***** removed it before selling). The cd light should not be lit up if there is no cd changer. Anyway when you switch to radio only buttons 123456 would lite up, when you put in tape then green markings on top of the numbers would light up but numbers would go off. Eventually i have installed a cd changer five days ago. I thought that the previous owner had crossed the wires somwhere and if i put cd changer then SEARCH/TRACK button would turn on. But to my dissapointment it never happend.

At this point i have all original audio including a changer but when i switch on radio i will have numbers lit up 123456, when i switch to the tape i will get numbers off and green markings on, and for the changer i will have a red markings on without numbers glowing.

Does anyone know what can i do about it?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links