Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

In Car Entertainment Query

Hi, Ive just noticed that when i fit my DVD player you have to wire up to the handbrake switch for obvious reasons.

question 1 is, any quick answers to colour and easy access to it?

question 2 is, is there another point i can tie in to so it is on all the time? (so the kid in the front can watch a dvd whilst i drive?

dont want to remove all the terims to find out if anyone has a simple answer.

cheers

Hi, Ive just noticed that when i fit my DVD player you have to wire up to the handbrake switch for obvious reasons.

question 1 is, any quick answers to colour and easy access to it?

question 2 is, is there another point i can tie in to so it is on all the time? (so the kid in the front can watch a dvd whilst i drive?

dont want to remove all the terims to find out if anyone has a simple answer.

cheers

if you have a wiring diagram it is eather earthed ar feed with power from the switch i had a pioneer and i got round that with earthing the wire if you can get a pic of the wiring up that would be verry helpfull.

cheers greg.

My JVC one was earth that was required, i found a nice place above the pollen filter housing :whistling:

EDIT - i never even looked into how easy access was to handbrake wires, sorry

if you have a wiring diagram it is eather earthed ar feed with power from the switch i had a pioneer and i got round that with earthing the wire if you can get a pic of the wiring up that would be verry helpfull.

cheers greg.

tried feed from clock and aerial and no joy, will try putting it to earth, lets hope it is that simple.

diagram just shows, to handbrake switch and shows a take off to ground, will let you know.

regards Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have been to a few car audio shops and they are asking for a huge amount around £150.00 to replace the original 6 cd changer with my dvd player.

they state they need to bypass some amps and blah blah and it is complicated job

please help, is it as easy as any other car??

I was also looking to install my amp and sub

its not a difficult job and deffo not worth wasting £150 on.

You will need one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-200-Series-Amp-Bypass-ISO-Lead-PC2-92-4-/400122934665?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item5d292f7589 & one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-200-300-Series-Facia-Panel-FP-25-00-Double-Din-/400119707774?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_FasciaPlates_SM&hash=item5d28fe387e.

Once you have the head unit out you need to unplug the cable going into the amp, which is to the left behing the glove box and connect the bypass lead to this cable which connects to the head unit. There are quite a few posts on this so have a look around, heres one i done which will show you where the amp is http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=65814&st=0&p=713045&fromsearch=1entry713045

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links