Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am feeling a bit thick over this as I updated the sat nav in my Mk 1 RX300.

Where does the sat nav disk hide in the RX400h? As part of the deal in buying the car the dealer are suggesting that there isnt an update. But as the car is an 07 plate I find it hard to believe and want to check on the map update site.

All advice gratfully received.

Where does the sat nav disk hide in the RX400h? As part of the deal in buying the car the dealer are suggesting that there isnt an update. But as the car is an 07 plate I find it hard to believe and want to check on the map update site.

The DVD unit for the sat-nav is in the boot, forward most compartment on the right, it faces towards the front & is hidden under a cover.... probably explains your dealer's retisence, they probably can't find it either! ;-)

I note you are having a towbar fitted, do you plan to have the fixed bar (as per Lexus) or the alternative from Witter which has a removable towball (&, I think, a higher noseweight). I be grateful for your experiences on this when it's done.

The DVD unit for the sat-nav is in the boot, forward most compartment on the right, it faces towards the front & is hidden under a cover.... probably explains your dealer's retisence, they probably can't find it either! ;-)

I note you are having a towbar fitted, do you plan to have the fixed bar (as per Lexus) or the alternative from Witter which has a removable towball (&, I think, a higher noseweight). I be grateful for your experiences on this when it's done.

Thanks. I shall have a look wat the weekend in the light.

The towbar is fitted. It is a fixed Witter with twin electrics. I couldnt see the point of the removable as I could almost guarantee I would never remove it!

It was fitted at home by an independent towbar company in about two hours. It requires a small cut out in the rear bumper to accommodate it but it needed this for the removable towbar as well.

It does look like it sticks out a bit but it means I can see it with the reversing camera which makes connecting up a doddle.

I tow a largish caravan with about 50kg noseweight. The RX400h is a great tow car

There is a Sept 2009 update disc for the RX400h. I believe it also updates the firmware so the navigation system can be used whilst on the move. Its a four disc pack which covers UK and all of Europe and costs about £150.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links