Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus (2000) Ls 400 Converted To Lpg

Ploddo

I bought a 2000 Lexus LS 400 last May and had it converted to LPG. Gas at the time was around 45p litre. I paid £1500 for the conversion and have found it to be well worth it. A trip to London (130 miles) costs around £20 at todays price - .63 per litre. I find it slightly annoying that the tank doesn't take anywhere near its capacity, usually only get about 25-30 litres into a 60 litre doughnut tank, but this appears to be because the pressure at the pump is low. If you fill up just after the (gas)tank at the pump has been filled you get a lot more in, up to 48 litres. Also the outside temperature makes a difference. Performance is hardly any difference unless the tank is very low, then the kick down doesn't respond so well, I usually switch the gas off temporarily, and back on immedately (just in case there is a hiccup). The added bonus is low emissions.

I bought a 2000 Lexus LS 400 last May and had it converted to LPG. Gas at the time was around 45p litre. I paid £1500 for the conversion and have found it to be well worth it. A trip to London (130 miles) costs around £20 at todays price - .63 per litre. I find it slightly annoying that the tank doesn't take anywhere near its capacity, usually only get about 25-30 litres into a 60 litre doughnut tank, but this appears to be because the pressure at the pump is low. If you fill up just after the (gas)tank at the pump has been filled you get a lot more in, up to 48 litres. Also the outside temperature makes a difference. Performance is hardly any difference unless the tank is very low, then the kick down doesn't respond so well, I usually switch the gas off temporarily, and back on immedately (just in case there is a hiccup). The added bonus is low emissions.

I thought about doing it on my 400 but since it had 145k on it I decided to upgrade to a 430 first with a lower mileage. A couple of questions if you don't mind - who did you get to do it? Which system did you go for and do you have an electronic flash lube?

Regards,

Liam

I thought about doing it on my 400 but since it had 145k on it I decided to upgrade to a 430 first with a lower mileage. A couple of questions if you don't mind - who did you get to do it? Which system did you go for and do you have an electronic flash lube?

Regards,

Liam

http://www.autogas-kit.com/ I got it from Anglia Autogas in Norwich. Took a couple of days. Versus Autogas Systems (8 Cyl Sequential Multipoint Injection). Web site explains all! They also sell diy kits, but you need a certificate to change the registration documents, and insurance sometimes require one. Would recommend LPG and Anglia autogas.

I too have an LPG conversion on my 95 ls400. It was on the car when I bought it.

I agree with statement that there is little difference in performance.

Previously I had a 4.0 jag with LPG & you could notice significant differences in performance - I guess the LS400 is a more suitable engine. (Its certainly a more advanced engine - a straight six jag harks more to a tractor engine...)

The system on my car is VERY simplistic - its a single point system which goes direct to air intake. the pump sits where the air filter would normally be & a cone type K&N filter fits perfectly as replacement.

Not sure a multi point system has any advantage over single point? For sure, looking at mine, a competent DIYer will be able to DIY.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links