Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When More Th>N Is Less Th>N !

When my Father-in-Law sadly passed away in February this year he had just renewed his car insurance with More Than.

It took over 12 weeks of correspondence due to multiple ***** ups on their part to recover a refund of the premiums paid after sending off a copy of the Death Certificate and then a copy of the Will naming the Trustees.

Today my Mother-in-Law obviously still grieving as we all are received a letter from More Than addressed to my Father-in-Law which contained a "Customer Service Complaints Handling Survey"

Talk about complete insensitivity, surely a Death Certificate is enough evidence that a policy holder is deceased and is not in a position to complete and return a survey.

So be advised if you have a Motor or other Insurance policy with this company be prepared for substandard service,if you have to make a claim I feel for you.

I am disgusted to the point of not only writing a strongly worded reply to More Than but also I am considering contacting the insurance regulator and if necessary my M.P.

When my Father-in-Law sadly passed away in February this year he had just renewed his car insurance with More Than.

It took over 12 weeks of correspondence due to multiple ***** ups on their part to recover a refund of the premiums paid after sending off a copy of the Death Certificate and then a copy of the Will naming the Trustees.

Today my Mother-in-Law obviously still grieving as we all are received a letter from More Than addressed to my Father-in-Law which contained a "Customer Service Complaints Handling Survey"

Talk about complete insensitivity, surely a Death Certificate is enough evidence that a policy holder is deceased and is not in a position to complete and return a survey.

So be advised if you have a Motor or other Insurance Policy with this company be prepared for substandard service,if you have to make a claim I feel for you.

I am disgusted to the point of not only writing a strongly worded reply to More Than but also I am considering contacting the insurance regulator and if necessary my M.P.

Steve,

With all due respect i think you may have gone a little OTT with this, i agree it isnt a nice thing to happen but there are various reasons why this could have occured.

Maybe the system auto generates a letter when a complaint is raised on there system? - Again i agree a better system should be in place.

Maybe it was a new staff member who forgot the reason for the complaint? - Again more training is required

Maybe it was just down to human error - these things do happen.

I think lodging a complaint would be satisfactory but i think taking this to the M.P or the FSA is a little overboard, i very highly doubt that the company did this on purpose & they should be given the chance to review & respond to your complaint, remeber a company and a person can only get better by learning from there mistakes, If you were to complain to the FSA about this the company would be hit with a £300 bill just for the FSA fee, and in the long run its the public who will pay for this with higher insurance cost's.

Again this wasnt meant in a way to P*** you off, just giving my thoughts.

No offence taken I may have initially over reacted it's just that they wanted so much info to cancel the policy and it took so long( I understand that they need to make sure of the facts when motor insurance is a legal requirement.)Obviously M-in-Law is still very upset and this made her worse.

I have sent them a letter and am now awaiting a reply.

The old excuse of "it was a computer error" has never washed with me,computers require programming,programming requires input of data,humans input the data.

Rant over I am now going out in the Lexus :D

No offence taken I may have initially over reacted it's just that they wanted so much info to cancel the policy and it took so long( I understand that they need to make sure of the facts when motor insurance is a legal requirement.)Obviously M-in-Law is still very upset and this made her worse.

I have sent them a letter and am now awaiting a reply.

The old excuse of "it was a computer error" has never washed with me,computers require programming,programming requires input of data,humans input the data.

Rant over I am now going out in the Lexus :D

Well enjoy your drive & let of some steam, I agree computers do as they are told but companies cant rectify problems if they dont know the error.

In relation to them wanting to know the ins & outs of a ducks backside for this stuff i totally agree with you, its completly inapropiate but unfortunantly this comes down to the requirements they have to meet as issued by the FSA, if they fail t o follow what is set it would be game over. I do understand your point and i would more than likly feel the same, i hope they deal with it in a proffesional & correct way.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links