Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My New Cd Dvd Player

My factory unit showed me Error 3 earlier in the year and i was fed up with the radio, i wanted to listen to my own rubbish. I was pretty set on wantning a 7" touchscreen dvd player but prices were high for a good one. I seen a member on here was selling his install, headunit, wiring harness and fascia so i jumped at it. All i wanted was the headunit, fascia and wiring harness.

When i took my old unit out and tried to fit the new unit i was well confused as from my stock headunit i had 3 connectors sticking out, yet from my new unit i had just 1 big plug and a whole length of wire.

DSC02445.jpg

After much headscratching i sifted through the forums from posts way back and eventually i found what i was looking for, help on bypassing the Amp in my car, after a bit of revision it made sense as the amount of wire i had was way to long to stuff behind the headunit, it actually went behind/under the glovebox to the amp... after disconnecting the larger plug from the amp i plugged in the headunit and everything worked but the sound, turns out the wires for the speakers werent there as the previous owner had a custom install in, a trip to TRIX in dunfermline and a few bits of wire later i managed to get it all working and built back up nicely :) I was worried about the sound as some people have apparently killed standard speakers or had sound distortion, however im impressed as mines sounds spot on B)

Heres a pic from my phone of what it looks like now, overall im impressed with the unit and the sound is awesome, can also watch dvds and is iPod and USB compatible, at some point i'll probs get a tv reciever box thingy hooked up aswell, it can also take a reversing camera but i might hook one up on the front somewhere to capture some drift footage :D

DSC02446.jpg

DSC02443.jpg

DSC02456.jpg

DSC02457.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links