Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Know How?

Maz

Hi guys, does anyone know how to take the hand break handle and gaitor off? do i need to hacksaw it off? or could i just use force to pull it off, see pic here..

handbreak.sized.jpg

also does anyone know a company or they themself can make a Gear knob adoptor in either plastic or machine it out of aluminum with screw thread that fit the IS200 Gear Stick...see pic ...

as you can see this is the gear knob the adoptor for, the one that come with it fit the IS200 gear stick, but as it fit to the top half of the gear knob, the adoptor become too short to fit to the gear shaft end, the adoptor itself should be around the same length of the gear knob, that why i need to find someone or company to make one specially for me, anyone can help? let me know please........

Gear_Knob_001.sized.jpg

the adoptor should be about this long so it can fit to the IS200 gear stick... hope someone can help, hehe... thank :D :D :D

Maz. I haven't done this, but in modifying a lot of Datsuns for rally use...

The gear knob adaptor could be made in alloy by any general engineering company, just get a couple of quotes first.

The gaiter is usually clipped or glued on, and it tears off providing you don't mind it not going back on.

The plastic cover on the handle itself I'm not so sure about, we used to drill them to put in a pin that held the release knob back. (made it a flyoff handbrake for fast turns!) Probably glued on, and will need destroying to get off.

Any ideas from the lads at TDI??

have you tried your local yellow pages for a small jobbing metal turning outfit? even if you do, it will not be cheap for a one-off. you should try and make contact with a model engineering club. whoever you find willing to give you a quote you will have to provide dimensions plus thred details. good luck, if you can`t find help in ***`s own, forget it. cheers, gds

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links