Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bodywork

Hi all, new member here, I have recently bought a nice 2004 IS300 sportcross and its a pleasure to drive, I thought our Subaru Legacy 2.5 was quick but the IS is much quicker :).

The car has done a few miles for a 6 year old 130,000 but has full lexus history, however when i washed the car for the first time i noticed two small paint blisters on the tailgate :( not bad, doesnt look like rust more like a paint blister, the guys at Lexus Cardiff took a look but said not covered under warranty, any one else have pain bubbles?

Lew

Hi and welcome to LUC

As you can see I'm also new to Lexus and happy owner of a 04 IS300 Sports Cross. I also have two small paint chips (popped blisters?) on the tailgate handle. Other than about half a dozen similar chips on the bonnet the body is in super condition and mine has only done 63K.

TBH I really think we are expecting a lot to find a car with no marks at all given the mileage on the potholed and stone chip surfaces these days.

Just a pity Halfords doesn't do a chip repair kit for Lexus :(

Unless the bubbles look as if they are spreading I wouldn't worry or find a close colour match to clean and repair it.

What colour is yours?

Hi all, new member here, I have recently bought a nice 2004 IS300 sportcross and its a pleasure to drive, I thought our Subaru Legacy 2.5 was quick but the IS is much quicker :).

The car has done a few miles for a 6 year old 130,000 but has full lexus history, however when i washed the car for the first time i noticed two small paint blisters on the tailgate :( not bad, doesnt look like rust more like a paint blister, the guys at Lexus Cardiff took a look but said not covered under warranty, any one else have pain bubbles?

Lew

Paint blisters on the sportcross tailgate are not unknown, I had one last year on my 02, Lex Derby took photos,and it was agreed that the blisters were from inside, ie not paint chips, and as such the tailgate was repainted under warranty.

Hope this helps !!

I recently bought THIS the other day, Halfords don't list Lexus paint colours but they have Toyota 202 Astral Black (exactly the same stuff as far as I know)

not bad for £8.49 I thought, comes as a 2 pen kit, 1 x Grey Primer, 1 x 202 Astral Black, a little fibreglass stick/brush for cleaning crap from chips/sratches and a little sponge for... :question:

Hope that helps. :)

I recently bought THIS the other day, Halfords don't list Lexus paint colours but they have Toyota 202 Astral Black (exactly the same stuff as far as I know)

not bad for £8.49 I thought, comes as a 2 pen kit, 1 x Grey Primer, 1 x 202 Astral Black, a little fibreglass stick/brush for cleaning crap from chips/sratches and a little sponge for... :question:

Just had another look and the paint is bubbling from the inside lip of the seam, about the size of a 10p coin on the offside and just starting in the same place on the nearside, will try and take some photos tomorrow,

Lew

I recently bought THIS the other day, halfords don't list Lexus paint colours but they have Toyota 202 Astral Black (exactly the same stuff as far as I know)

Not really, but thanks all the same - that was the POOR range I referred to. They don't even cover the full Toyota range of colours let alone Lexus.

I also had one for my previous car and it dried up between use so is really only cheap if you are fixing a lot of chips at once - like before selling it.

Guess it will have to be a trip to the dealership.

Sounds like the OP's blistering is far more serious than a common chip.

Not really sure how good that kit is to be honest, I only really got it to touch up a few 'down to metal' stone chips on the bonnet untill I get it all sorted properly.

Ooh and as for the poor range, I totally failed to think that you might need a colour other than black...oops. I guess yours isnt one they stock?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links