Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Soon To Be Is250 Owner!

ljt1984

Hi guys

I've put a deposit on an IS 250 SE with multimedia pack at Lexus Leicester. Subject to a test drive tomorrow, it should be mine shortly, can't wait!! (although my bank balance won't like it! :lol: )

I previously drove a Fiesta ST for 3.5 years, which was great, but I'm getting old now (26 :P ) so I wanted something a bit more comfortable and refined. I'd been looking around various places, Mazda, Honda, Jaguar, Ford etc, but I'm insured on my step Dads IS 250 SEL, so he kindly let me drive that around looking for cars, which, frankly, spoilt me :lol: So its his fault that I've now put a deposit down on an IS250 ;)

Hopefully the test drive will go ok tomorrow and should be able to pick it up the following weekend! So expect to see a few pics if I get it

Thanks

Lee

Well I test drove it yesterday and there were a couple of things I asked them to sort before I part with the rest of the cash!

The drivers seat creaked and the steering wheel wasn't straight when the car was going straight! It didnt pull to one side, just that when the car was going straight the steering wheel was angled to the left and when i straighten the wheel the car goes to the right

When I go back next saturday I'll ask to drive it again to make sure before I pay the rest of my money out as I don't really want to keep going back to the dealer! Unless I could take it to a more local lexus i.e. birmingham or wolvo

• 2 weeks later...

I got the car! Its a 56 IS250 SE in Blechin Slate with Oakham leather.

After driving it home I noticed the steering still wasn't 100% (although better than test drive) and to my horror I noticed the bonnnet release catch just slid down and out the dash!

It appears the whole bottom half of the dash under the steering wheel wasn't fitted correctly :crying:

So I've booked it in with Lexus Birmingham on Monday to be looked at, hopefully they can rectify the problems. I can only think Leicester must have removed that part of the dash to mess with the steering possibly? as I dont remember it being like that on the test drive

In the mean time I've joined the as a Gold member B) so we shall see monday

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links