Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400 Reversing Camera Question

Hi all

I have an Rx400 registered in July 2007 (07 plate). It has the multimedia system w/ sat nav and a reversing camera.

My mum has a Toyota Prius also with a reversing camera which is virtually the same as the one in the Lexus.

I was driving it the other night and when reversing I noticed that the camera in the Prius has a light that also comes on so you can see the camera in the dark. Funnily my Lexus doesnt have a light so I can barely use the camera in the dark unless there is another external light source.

Should the Lexus camera also have a light? (my mums Prius is an 09 plate so I am unsure if it has one simply because it is a newer model car) If so then as it is still under warranty so I can get my dealer to sort this out.

Any help would be appreciated

Ajay

Is that the latest prius or the last generation? We have an 07 prius with a similar reverse camera but it doesn't have a light - what I have noticed though is that the reverse lights are very bright and act as illumination in dark conditions.

I'm not sure though if the new Prius has a light though.......

None of the previous generation RX does not have an additional light for illumination. You are correct that in low light conditions the reversing camera is next to useless. It seems odd that with all their obsessiveness towards attaining perfection, the Lexus engineers did not stop to think about something like this.

Otherwise, the camera is actually quite handy!

Sorry for the late reply.

Its a last generation Prius. The light on the reversing camera makes a huge difference.

Does anyone else with a 2007 Rx400 have a light on their reversing camera or was this introduced in later models?

Hi Ajay, I've got a 400H 07 plate and there's no light or illumination on the reversing camera.

The reversing lights don't give any kind of light strong enough to illuminate on their own either...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links