Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 220 D

keith007

• 2 weeks later...

hi anyone getting bad fuel consumption with is 220d ?

only had my 220d for four weeks and im only getting 33 mpg and thats half on the motorway and half on A roads. i've booked it in at lexus manchester and when they sort it out i'll let you know what they say the problem is

• 3 weeks later...

only had my 220d for four weeks and im only getting 33 mpg and thats half on the motorway and half on A roads. i've booked it in at lexus manchester and when they sort it out i'll let you know what they say the problem is

I would be interested to know the outcome of that?

I have wanted a Lexus IS220D for a long time, I finally bought one 3 weeks ago. My average MPG is 35 which I think is poor for a car that Lexus advised can achieve in the 50's. My last car (Volvo XC90) was twice the size and still returned 32 mpg.

I cleaned out the EGR valve which was badly blocked, this did resolve the flat spot issue however it only improved mpg by 3 mpg. Yesterday I took the car out at night and put it on cruise on a motorway, I managed to achieve 47MPG. This can be achieved when the roads are not busy, but it's rare I could achieve this during usual rush hour traffic.

Looking on this forum and from my own personal opinion I would say that the Lexus IS220D is bad on fuel, especially when my friend owns the IS250 (Petrol) and he avereages 35MPG.

However when I consider how much extra I would pay for a BMW/Audi with the same spec, age and mileage, it works out about the same over a 2 year ownership travelling 20k per anum.

It would be nice if Lexus would acknowledge that there is an issue as the only feedback I get from a Lexus Service Manager is that they would come out on a drive with me and prove that it can achieve the high 40's, which I have managed to prove myself.

• 5 weeks later...

• 3 years later...

I reached 45.1mpg in my lexus is220d se-l on a B road going to work which I was happy with from transferring from a Leon fr which the most I got was 33mpg, but my friend at work who also owns a lexus had a little drive if my car said its a perfect drive but might need the egr looked at, other than that happy days.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links