Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All

I've been lurking on the forum for a number of weeks reading various comments, v.informative

Decided to take the plunge and I have now owned an 06 RX400h for a whole week, bought from a main dealer. To be honest i was looking for either an XC90 or ML but once I test drove the Lexus my mind was made up, it was then just a case of finding one that fitted the budget and mileage.

The good points

1. Smooth

2. Power

3. Economy (ave 34.5mg during first week doing around 400 miles with a mixture of Mway, Town and Country driving)

4. Comfort and toys (sat nav, power boot etc)

5. Adaptive headlights

The bad points

1. No range to empty on the fuel tank (unless i've not found it yet!)

2. No lane change 'quick flick' on the indicators

3. Sat nav/bluetooth cannot be used on the move (I guess an updated DVD may change this, any advice?)

So in summary, on the whole happy with the vehicle but some niggles. I was also disapointed to open the bonnet today to find 5 missing plastic bolts that hold the covering for the Hybrid and Main Engine covers - So much for Lexus' claim that the vehicle is throughly checked before handover - If a mechanic doesn't replace/spot missing screws then I fear for the rest of the PDC!

Having moved from Mercedes to Lexus I'm looking forward to what will hopefully be another 3 yrs of reliable trouble free motoring

Hi mate, i have had an IS, GS and now my RX400h and have to say is the best car i have owned. I dont believe there is a tank range anywhere as iv'e owned mine since march 2010 and haven't found it yet. Not sure what you mean regarding indicators ? But sat nav i replaced my disc's with updated 09/10 disc's and can now change settings whilst on the move where i could not before. I too had missing clips under the bonnet after it had been service and checked over by the selling main dealer (hatfield) but as i had to have the Battery replaced only two days after i got it under warranty i asked my local dealer (norwich) to fit new clips which was all done F.O.C. I have since had all five wheels replaced by Lexus even though the car was 4 years old and out of warranty, I asked them if they would as they were showing signs of corrosion and they agreed !! I had to pay for one wheel as one did not show any signs of corrosion and i wanted all new wheels, great service so far i'm sure you will be well pleased.

Phil.

Cheers Phil

I know what you mean about the wheels. That is something that the dealer sorted out before collecting as they were showing signs of corrosion. To be fair I think it's a case that all manufacturers are trying to use cheaper and cheaper alloy suppliers. My merc had the same problem and we all know about the the ongoing issue with BMW alloys.

Regading the indicator feature - When you move the indicator stalk slightly (up/down) then the lights automatially flash 3 times before cancelling. A great feature on the motorway.

I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow ref the clips, the dealer is not local as i found the car on the Lexus used site so hopefully he'll either put some in the post to me or I can head into my local dealer and get them to put them in.

How much did you pay for the 09/10 dvd if you don't mind me asking?

Great feature on the indicators sounds a good idea, the updated disc's i managed to get on eBay for a bargin £56.00 genuine Lexus disc's, there has been several posts on here regarding the disc's where you can buy brand new ones, but they are around the £150.00 mark i believe. I just kept looking on eBay and eventually a set come up at a used car dealer. Just type in "lexus sat nav disc's" you can check the disc numbers to see if they are the latest by going to the web site listed on here somewhere (sorry but cant remember what its called, if i find it will post on here later for ya) Found it, looked through this forum and found on page 7, see below.

Right, if you go to page 7 topic listed "satnav Dvd update help? " there's a link on one of the reply's to the web page for the update disc's and info.

Phil.

Great feature on the indicators sounds a good idea, the updated disc's i managed to get on ebay for a bargin £56.00 genuine Lexus disc's, there has been several posts on here regarding the disc's where you can buy brand new ones, but they are around the £150.00 mark i believe. I just kept looking on ebay and eventually a set come up at a used car dealer. Just type in "lexus sat nav disc's" you can check the disc numbers to see if they are the latest by going to the web site listed on here somewhere (sorry but cant remember what its called, if i find it will post on here later for ya) Found it, looked through this forum and found on page 7, see below.

Right, if you go to page 7 topic listed "satnav Dvd update help? " there's a link on one of the reply's to the web page for the update disc's and info.

Phil.

You can get the latest disc from www.cheaptoyotaparts.co.uk..its around £137

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links