Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Head Unit Suggestions

I am about to start the process of swapping out the head unit in my '99 Mk2 GS300 Sport and I'm after some opinions from those more in the know than myself. I have ordered various SOT leads and converters, and a fascia kit, ready for the job. I may also visit a Toyota dealer at some point to pickup a genuine Toyota fascia and bracket, as the ones I have in my mk1 are nice quality. I'm not concerned with the fitting side, as I'm quite happy with cutting/joining whatever is needed to be done if I can't manage to get proper plug and play cabling (hopely the two kits I have ordered will give me a good starting point at least).

I have used my current Sony single din unit for years (a good few previous cars and just removed from my mk1 GS300 Sport). I have always used the "Rotary Commander" attached to the steering column. With that in mind, does anyone know if there are any fully ipod compatible (not just mp3 stereo jack compatible) double din Sony head units that use the rotary commander? Or know of any other manyfactures that have a double din unit that uses a similar controller that can be fixed to the steering column. Whatever I get, it must have this type of controller as I hate fannying about with headunit controls to change tracks etc. From a looks perspective, I prefer a stealth type of look, rather than bright colours and fancy shapes and curves. So probably a touch screen type would work, or one where the screen is normally in view but pivots out to get to controls behind. Any ideas folks?

I also want to be able to run my Vibe CBRA10 sub in the boot. oh, and I also have a parrot ck3100 I want to use, unless the final stereo solution has Bluetooth phone capabilities already. Budget is somewhere around the £400, £500 absolute max, but obviously any lower would be great.

Cheers for any info

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links