Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Front Bumper

robmos82

Hello people.

I purchased a TTE front bumper this weekend (cheers Jimxms) the mesh provided is a little knackered. I already have the sport astral black grille but think I could do with new mesh along the lower part of the bumper.

I've never done this before, therefore I have no idea what the hell I'm supposed to do about it!!! can I buy new mesh to fit straight in the bumper (without cutting or bending etc) or do have I got to Halfords, buy a sheet and (attempt) to sort it myself?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Rob B)

Ahh so you're the guy that beat me to it (even though I left about 3 pm's on Friday) lol!

When you say the mesh is a little knackered, is it just the paint is flaking, the mesh is coming away from the bumper/bent?

If so, you could just re-spray and re-glue to the bumper.

If not, find a similar mesh or mesh you prefer. make a template from card or paper and use that to cut your mesh to size, then spray. Im not entirely sure what you'd use to attach it to the bumper, some form of contact adhesive id imagine?

Hope that helps :)

Hi mate, your best bet would be hop on eBay and do some searches for racing mesh / tuning mesh.

Look for stuff that's pre-painted / powdercoated and has roughly the same diamond pattern size as the standard mesh (to retain the OEM look).

Almost all of the mesh on eBay will be easy to cut using only tin snips / wire cutters. Then you can just screw it to the back of the bumper using the holes that are already there.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links