Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Protect Ltd Extended Warranty For My Rx400H

I dont know where they got my details but I got a phone call a few days ago from this company. Anyone had any experience dealing with Car Protect Ltd. They are based in Sheffield. I am skeptical about their offer. It was a cold call but I entertained it. They were offering cover for all electronic and mechanical breakdowns for 2 years for a price of £521. They offered to pay for the first month so it was free for me and put the rest onto month direct debit 0% APR. I asked them specifically if it covered for the hybrid system on the RX400. apparently the caller didnt have a clue about hybrids, which is weird as they probably make a hundred calls a day. Anyways, anythign to do with the hybrid system will not be covered but all parts and service for the petrol engine, parts and labour would be covered. I had the option to cancel within 14 days of activating the policy so I thought why not, the first month is free. Will give me the opportunity to look at their documentation when it comes in and also do some googling. I cant really find much on this company, but there are loads of forums where car warranty is discussed in general with names of lots of companies. THere are loads of people complaining about the claims process, wear and tear non-claims etc etc and how flawed the whole system is. Their small print saves their asses i have read.

In any case, I wanted to gauge on other people's experiences about this asap. I wil cancel if the responses are not favourable.

Only warranty worth having is the Lexus one. Anything else and you leave yourself open to the 'small print' clauses come claim time, however my concern is that you have a warranty that covers only 'part' of your car - WTF is that all about? :)

Imagine at claim time the massive get out clause they have: Sorry Sir, but that fault has to do with the Hybrid system and therefore is not covered. Now the onus is on you to prove the fault and that it is not related to the hybrid system. Throughout your car is still broken, you need it fixing but can't get it fixed and who do you go to to prove them wrong?

C'mon man, you've read the experiences people have had with such companies and you still went with them?

The fact you were cold called should have sent alarm bells ringing as well as the fact you can't find much on this company - coincidence?

I dont know where they got my details but I got a phone call a few days ago from this company. Anyone had any experience dealing with Car Protect Ltd. They are based in Sheffield. I am skeptical about their offer. It was a cold call but I entertained it. They were offering cover for all electronic and mechanical breakdowns for 2 years for a price of £521. They offered to pay for the first month so it was free for me and put the rest onto month direct debit 0% APR. I asked them specifically if it covered for the hybrid system on the RX400. apparently the caller didnt have a clue about hybrids, which is weird as they probably make a hundred calls a day. Anyways, anythign to do with the hybrid system will not be covered but all parts and service for the petrol engine, parts and labour would be covered. I had the option to cancel within 14 days of activating the policy so I thought why not, the first month is free. Will give me the opportunity to look at their documentation when it comes in and also do some googling. I cant really find much on this company, but there are loads of forums where car warranty is discussed in general with names of lots of companies. THere are loads of people complaining about the claims process, wear and tear non-claims etc etc and how flawed the whole system is. Their small print saves their asses i have read.

In any case, I wanted to gauge on other people's experiences about this asap. I wil cancel if the responses are not favourable.

Hello.

It might be worth following my new post on warranty (in the GS section, my car lit up like Christmas).

I'm with Warranty Direct and in the past they have been excellent! I will see what happens and post about the warranty process, and fault. I already know that Lexus Sheffield use the '1 Link' system to process claims which Warranty Direct use so I should not have to part with money up front as the claim is dealt with between garage and the warranty company. These is a £50 excess and I have had to pay for recovery but I can claim up to £250 for this. Recovery cost was £99.

Hi,

Can you please provide me the requirements and details on the official Lexus warranty by means of a comparison?

The problem with most third party warranties is:

New for old policy (ie. you have to contribute to the part)

Hourly labour limit

Max claim limit

Warrantywise is supposed to be quite good and you can buy additional levels of cover.

My non-Lexus car has an official warranty, but this is quite pricey. By means of a comparison, this is £1200 / year and covers cars up to 10 years old/125,000 miles.

Presumably the Lexus official warranty requires the car to be already under warranty and has a mileage and age limit?

Thanks,

GD1

New for old policy (ie. you have to contribute to the part)

Hourly labour limit

Max claim limit

I can't comment on how my Warranty company is as my problem was found to be a flat Battery, which was changed last year so Toyota ( where I bought it from) will supply another. Therefore no claim needed.

Under my warranty I can have the car fixed at Lexus, 100% labour cost covered, 100% parts covered (less than 60k miles). My max claim limit per claim is the value of the car, unlimited claims, excess per claim £50.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links