Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Double Din Fascia

Hello folks,

I was wondering if anyone knew where i could buy a double din fascia/stereo casing for a 1996 GS300?

I was hoping to install a 7" CD/DVD player into the dash but this would need to be fitted first of all.

Also, has anyone had any problems connecting such a headunit with regards to the sound etc? I assume it would be a simple plug in and play?

I found a GS for sale on Pistonheads which looks exactly like the kit i need. The carbon fibre job looks also, i wonder who does that?

All help is most welcomed

Jordan

All of the double din fascias for sale that I have seen have been for Left hand drive vehicles, so won't fit UK models. I bought the genuine Toyota part for the Aristo, Instrument Panel - Part No 55412-30430, about £15 + vat I think. I ended up DIY'ing the stereo brackets to fit it, but I do think there are some available from Toyota, the problem is the parts diagrams are so bad, neither me or the part fella could tell what was what.

There weren't any coverter cables when I did mine, but I think there are some available now. It isn't just a straight plug and play though. As there is the amp in the boot, you either need to make sure your headunit outputs are line level fed to the amp, or like I did, bypass the amp and ditch it. I ditched the amp and the sub (and the CD changer), which made room for my Vibe sub in the boot anyway. Bypassing the amp connections, connecting the amp ins to the amp outs, just saved me running speaker cables around the car and just used the ones already there.

The carbon effect I assume is just some carbon wrap done as a DIY job.

• 3 weeks later...

If you can find a double din unit that has the correct protocal to talk to the changer you might be able to. Not tried it myself, as I prefer my ipod (or other mp3 player) for music, so never used the changer anyways. My sub fitted quite nicely down that side of the boot once the changer had gone :hehe:

i'm gonna look out for a double-din dvd with a changer either included or compatible. at least then i can swap the changers over and still use it. then there's bypassing the standard amp which is straight forward. i might even get a surround processor fitted and make the most of all them speakers. i had 5.1 surround sound in the probe with a touchscreen dvd player and the effect was brilliant.

i'm gonna look out for a double-din dvd with a changer either included or compatible. at least then i can swap the changers over and still use it. then there's bypassing the standard amp which is straight forward. i might even get a surround processor fitted and make the most of all them speakers. i had 5.1 surround sound in the probe with a touchscreen dvd player and the effect was brilliant.

Sounds like a plan. The double DIN I have bought to put in my MK2 has 5.1 surround. Just waiting for the last cable to arrive so I can start installing. Although I will ditch the factory sub in favour of my Vibe active sub still. I'll also ditch the factory changer and fit the ipod interface unit and Parrot hands free relay unit in the space it frees up in the glovebox.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links