Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Change Bell Housing On Is200 6 Speed Manual Gearbox

Clint45

Hi All,

New Here so any help would be grately appreciated. I have an IS200 that has a dodgy gearbox, Seems to be a common problem! Anyway i have another gearbox to replace the old one. but the bell housing is cracked. Has anyone changed a bell housing before? They are not the same as old bell housing's years ago just unbolt and remove.I know that the gearbox can split in 3 places. Just dont want to attemp it, if i need special tools, Or the gearbox internals are involved. Any replies to this would be appreciated cheers.

you will be fine, it does basically unbolt, id get a new oil seal though to go back in the face, be carefull when refitting not to damage the oil seal

Ok thanks for the quick reply and the info, I will have to order an oil seal from lexus! Cheers...

What do you mean " dodgy gearbox" ?

Is this a common problem? My gearbox is not the smoothest and quietest, but can it be so bad, its worth to change?

No mate, Not all gearbox's are dodgy! Some do suffer with whining, And a clunky gear change from 1st to second mainly when cold. But mine whines like a dog on heat :D But mine whines Through every gear change.And also when idleing in neautral,So it must be either the input shaft bearing or the output shaft bearing that is gone.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links