Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sat Nav 1999

Morning people!

Last night, I realised the Sat Nav in my IS200 works using a CD-Rom. (I thought the software was loaded in to the Nav unit!!!) However, the version I have dates back to 1999. I'm not sure if I wanna spend £100 to update it (www.lexusmapupdates.eu). Can anyone offer any advice on a more cost effective solution?

My current version is 08664-50821 cd rom NOT DVD!!

Any help will be greatly apreciated!

Thanks

Rob B)

Morning people!

Last night, I realised the Sat Nav in my IS200 works using a CD-Rom. (I thought the software was loaded in to the Nav unit!!!) However, the version I have dates back to 1999. I'm not sure if I wanna spend £100 to update it (www.lexusmapupdates.eu). Can anyone offer any advice on a more cost effective solution?

My current version is 08664-50821 cd rom NOT DVD!!

Any help will be greatly apreciated!

Thanks

Rob B)

Hi,you can try cheaptoyotaparts,or buy off ebay(but be careful you dont buy the wrong disc),copies tend not to work so the choice is yours.Mines a dvd one and cost me £139.00 from cheaptoyotaparts.

I got one off ebay.

Trouble is I don't know where the disc goes, my car is a 2004, can anyone tell me where the disc goes? lol

If its like mine, open the boot, and look for a metal box to the rhs of the spare wheel, thats the dvd/cd sat nav unit. Unbolt the guard and there's an eject button on the front (facing the spare), out it pops and pop in the new one. Lucky you by the way my nav won't work as that unit is u/s, £150 to mend apparently so its mr tomtom or his mates for me, still I can amuse myself by watching the screen go up and down anyway!Must put a request on the wants board!

I got one off ebay.

Trouble is I don't know where the disc goes, my car is a 2004, can anyone tell me where the disc goes? lol

What date was the disc issued? I spoke to Lexus yesterday and the last revision for this model was in 2007. They're unlikely to update it again!!!

I got one off ebay.

If its like mine, open the boot, and look for a metal box to the rhs of the spare wheel, thats the dvd/cd sat nav unit. Unbolt the guard and there's an eject button on the front (facing the spare), out it pops and pop in the new one. Lucky you by the way my nav won't work as that unit is u/s, £150 to mend apparently so its mr tomtom or his mates for me, still I can amuse myself by watching the screen go up and down anyway!Must put a request on the wants board!

You could get a DVD GPS double DIN headunit for about £200. I'm looking at getting one myself but I've never heard of the 2 companies that make them cheap! If interested try eonon.com or xtrons.com B)

Ok I found where the disc goes, tried the eBay dvd and it wont accept it.

Its a 2009-2010 disc part number 86271-0W061

My part number is 86271-24123

Lexus say I need PZ485-X01EU-10

Oh well, I give up, wasnt that bothered about updating it, just thought it would have been nice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links