Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can't Connect Iphone Since Latest Os Update

I can't get my Iphone to talk to my RX450 properly. I've never had any problems before but recently all my contacts disappeared from the car database so I tried to reload them. No luck, so I deleted the phone in order to start again. But now the car and the phone won't talk. Grrr!! I'm wondering if a recent update to the Iphone software has made it incompatible or whether there's a bug in the system. Anybody else had the same problem and if so, have you found a solution? I'm in the UK and I can't use my phone in the car now.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Iphone 4 with the latest software on connected to my RX450. Contacts sync quite happily.

My only problem is that either the Iphone or the car drop my Bluetooth signal for about 5 seconds periodically during a call. The call stays connected to the phone for the duration and then all of a sudden all is back and operational again. As far as the caller notices, my radio came on for a few seconds and then it all goes quiet as the car kit kicks back in again.

Local dealer is looking in to it.

For what it's worth, I'd try the following.

1) Delete the phone from the car (it sounds like you've already done this bit)

2) Delete the car from the phone

3) Do a full power off of the phone (hold the power button at the top and do the confirming swipe to continue power down).

4) Completely power off the car

5) Switch all back on again and try repairing

If that fails, it may be time to call a priest (or your Lexus dealer of course).

I have the iPhone 4 with the latest software on connected to my RX450. Contacts sync quite happily.

My only problem is that either the iPhone or the car drop my bluetooth signal for about 5 seconds periodically during a call. The call stays connected to the phone for the duration and then all of a sudden all is back and operational again. As far as the caller notices, my radio came on for a few seconds and then it all goes quiet as the car kit kicks back in again.

Local dealer is looking in to it.

I have same problem on Iphone 3 - be keen to see if your dealer can fix it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links