Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All, just brought a 1995 LS400 with 75K on clock, what a gem, the only couple of problems I have is radio display pixalated and all 4 heated seats not working, all the lights come on but no heat, checked fuse etc, was wondering if I have missed something simple many thanks and what a car!!!

Hi All, just brought a 1995 LS400 with 75K on clock, what a gem, the only couple of problems I have is radio display pixalated and all 4 heated seats not working, all the lights come on but no heat, checked fuse etc, was wondering if I have missed something simple many thanks and what a car!!!

Welcome and congrats on buying the best Lexus :) (IMHO :winky: )

Sounds strange that all four seats are not working considering that mileage.

Hopefully something simple :unsure:

Andy

What a car indeed. The front seats are no different than others with heated seats - the elements break. These can be replaced, Ive never particularly bothered as the only time leather is uncomfortable is when its very hot - the a/c soon sotrs that. My rear seats work but you wouldn't be in danger of being burnt; they are not that hot.

With regard to the radio, are you saying the only issue is there is no display to read? Does the backlight to the display work? This should be on anytime the unit is working. Next, do all (or any) of the buttons illuminate with the sidelights turned on?

What a car indeed. The front seats are no different than others with heated seats - the elements break. These can be replaced, Ive never particularly bothered as the only time leather is uncomfortable is when its very hot - the a/c soon sotrs that. My rear seats work but you wouldn't be in danger of being burnt; they are not that hot.

With regard to the radio, are you saying the only issue is there is no display to read? Does the backlight to the display work? This should be on anytime the unit is working. Next, do all (or any) of the buttons illuminate with the sidelights turned on?

Hi thanks for reply display backlight is ok as are all the buytons illuminate, it is just the display is missing lots of characters

Thats good. The reason I asked is I am currently in the process of fixing the backlights on mine and could have helped in that regard.

Repairs for the MKi,II & IV radios are relatively easy to find but Ive spent many hours putting together resource for the MKIII. I have'nt come across a repair for the LCD. The wiring is as fine as hair and there are so many so close, that soldering would be ni-on impossible. They are however replaceable. If you can locate one I can tell you exactly how to do it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links