Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is220D And Iphone 4

My 2006 car arrives on Saturday and I'm getting the impression that I'll be able to pair up my Iphone 4 but not transfer my phonebook. Is this correct? Is it safe to assume that I can just type in my (150 odd) contacts and they'll all work?

Any help appreciated.

M

My 2006 car arrives on Saturday and I'm getting the impression that I'll be able to pair up my iphone 4 but not transfer my phonebook. Is this correct? Is it safe to assume that I can just type in my (150 odd) contacts and they'll all work?

Any help appreciated.

M

You are right, you will be able to pair the phone via Bluetooth but it won't transfer the contacts across. You'll have to manually input them but they should work fine. Enjoy the car!

DJP

My 2006 car arrives on Saturday and I'm getting the impression that I'll be able to pair up my iphone 4 but not transfer my phonebook. Is this correct? Is it safe to assume that I can just type in my (150 odd) contacts and they'll all work?

Any help appreciated.

M

You are right, you will be able to pair the phone via Bluetooth but it won't transfer the contacts across. You'll have to manually input them but they should work fine. Enjoy the car!

DJP

I recently swapped an Android phone. To transfer contacts to my car I downloaded a 'Bluetooth file transfer' ap, that worked a treat. There must be an ap the for the i-phone. I can't believe the only way is to transfer 1 number at a time.

There is no way known to initiate the transfer of contacts from the Iphone to another device, however I think Bluetooth systems that "pull" contacts from other devices (e.g. BMW iDrive) can actually read the Iphone contacts through Bluetooth.

You can either:

1 - Jailbreak the Iphone, and use SIMPort to transfer all the contacts to the SIM card, put the SIM on a different phone that allows transferring contacts through Bluetooth and use it to transfer to the car

2 - Transfer all contacts to the PC, and then load it to a different phone and then transfer to the car

Either way you need a different phone. I have a really old Sony Ericsson that does the job. But yeah, it sucks.

Sorry to shift the topic slightly, but has anyone got a decent solution for mounting an Iphone + wiring if you don't have the blue tooth nav system? Looking for a retrofit solution (i.e proclip + cables and tidies). Ideally so that there arn't wires all over the place on the dash and centre column.

There is no way known to initiate the transfer of contacts from the iPhone to another device, however I think bluetooth systems that "pull" contacts from other devices (e.g. BMW iDrive) can actually read the iPhone contacts through bluetooth.

You can either:

1 - Jailbreak the iPhone, and use SIMPort to transfer all the contacts to the SIM card, put the SIM on a different phone that allows transferring contacts through bluetooth and use it to transfer to the car

2 - Transfer all contacts to the PC, and then load it to a different phone and then transfer to the car

Either way you need a different phone. I have a really old Sony Ericsson that does the job. But yeah, it sucks.

Goodness, i-phones, I knew they were a locked device but jeeze. What is the point of an Iphone when you can't even do simple things on it, an android device allows you to do what you want. Buy an HTC or similar. If you already have an I-phone eBay it!

I've paired my IP4 up with my 2010 220d and it's fine but what others have said about importing contacts is correct.

One thing I've struggled with is manually creating contacts - I can add a number, add a voice tag to it but there doesn;t appear to be anywhere to add a text name so whenever i go to dial a number using voice control, it just says 'no name' on the display.

Other slight niggle is that if Bluetooth audio is enabled (which it has to be when using it for calls), if the Iphone is connected to the USB socket under the armrest and playing audio before the Bluetooth connects, when it does connect, the audio cuts out (although it still shows as playing) and I have to unplug and then plug in the usb cable.

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update on options for Iphone users to transfer contacts to pre-2010 IS Bluetooth systems. There are two other ways to transfer the contacts:

1) If you have all your contacts in your PC, you can export them to a VCF file (vCard), then using a laptop or netbook with Bluetooth, you can transfer the VCF file to the car's Bluetooth system and all your contacts will be loaded. This is the method I used and it worked perfectly.

2) There is a new app in Cydia called "Celeste" that allows Iphone contacts to be transferred through Bluetooth. Again this requires your Iphone to be jailbroken.

Hi

I guess ive been very lucky.

I have a 2010 F-Sport and just recently got a Iphone 4.

I paired by phone with the car and all the contacts automatically transfered to the car without me knowing (over 500 of them!).

Ive not done any modding to the car or phone (no aditional apps & its not jailbreaked either).

when a call is made or received, the persons name is displayed on the cars sat-nav just how it has been stored on the phone.

sorry you guys are having such bad luck.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links